Bohemian Island Loveliness
Let the sounds of birds be your alarm clock at this tranquil boutique hotel, off the beaten track, on Kefalonia. Masses to explore on the island, but space and facilities to simply relax if you prefer. Unique and full of character, My Little Place on the Hill is the kind of place that stays with you.
Kefalonia, part of the western Ionian group, has plenty for the explorer. On your doorstep (1km) you have Spartia village with two mini markets, a coffee shop/bar and restaurant to try. Then there are stunning sandy beaches 3km away, as well as numerous coves, caves, mountains, and lakes – all within short driving distance. The botanic gardens are a 15 minute drive, and mount Ainos set in a national park area with its fir and black pine forest, is an hour’s drive away.
Argostoli, the island’s capital, is only 12km away, so if you need an urban fix head there for the waterfront, laneways and squares to explore and to partake of some people watching! Another lovely spot is Assos, a tiny water side town – it’s beautiful.
If you are arriving by air, Kefalonia International airport is 7km away (a 12 minute drive). The island is well served by many ferry lines with numerous ports.
- the relaxed, at-home yet chic vibe this property and its owners give guests is intoxicating. Be sure to time your visit for the weekly barbecue, which provides a chance to mingle and sample some incredible food
- the 20 meter pool. While the hotel has many lovely shaded areas, nothing beats cooling off by taking a plunge. Mountains dotted with vineyards and olive groves are a perfect backdrop
- the stylish, minimalistic rooms have personal touches everywhere. They feature one of a kind textiles, photos, reclaimed accessories, giving the spaces a quirky, lived in feeling
- the superb drinks served by the bar must be mentioned. The staff here are experts, and you are in safe hands
- early May, June and September are the ideal months to visit – slightly cooler but full of sunshine
- you have the choice of standard or superior suites (the superiors have slightly better views)
- there are suites in each category for either two adults or two adults and two children
- all suites feature small kitchens and private verandas
- 20 meter pool
- bar serving breakfast, snacks and some salads/sandwiches throughout the day
- concierge and daily maid service
- bicycles and yoga mats available
- baby cots available
- massages can be arranged
- AC in all suites
- wifi at the pool and bar area
The owners, Alex and Vicky, are one British and Greek respectively, and having both lived in London they set up this little corner of Greek charm and coolness in 2011.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
My Little Place on the Hill
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
My Little Place on the Hill