AN OENOPHILES PARADISE
A classic French chateau overlooking a sea of vines, this beautiful property – which is also available for private house rental – is the perfect place to indulge your love of wine whilst sampling the super attentive service. Chic, calm and luxurious.
Taking the whole house is an option at Le Pavilion and the team offer a full concierge service with visits for wine tasting, etc plus the option of a private chef.
In the heart of Unesco World Heritage listed Saint-Emilion, Le Pavillion is just minutes from the town centre by foot. The town offers fantastic French scenery – truly, it’s hard to describe how beautiful this town is – with a local tradition of great quality wine and food very much in evidence.
Bordeaux (with its air and train links) is less than 40 minutes by train or car, making getting here or visiting its better known neighbor hassle free. Bergerac is slightly further away to the East and the countryside of this region ripe for exploration.
- Le Pavillion is elegantly furnished and decorated, with superbly comfortable, generous beds and an emphasis on creating an oasis of calm. There’s tea, cake and wine on tap to help you unwind – especially when making use of the shaded patio, glass in hand
- as part of the faultless service at gay friendly Le Pavillion, Julian can organise tailored tours to take you around the local vineyards, making use of his insider knowledge to track down the best wines
- the food offerings in Saint-Emillion are numerous and of amazing quality and Nikki and Julian can offer excellent advice across the spectrum from pretty riverside picnic spots (with a haul from the local market) through to elegant Michelin starred formality
- the views from the upstairs bedrooms. Lying in bed gazing across the vineyard. Beautiful
- rooms of varying sizes but sharing the same quality finishes
- en-suites with walk in showers, and some with free standing baths
- TVs and mini bars are available in each of the bedrooms
- a walled patio with views across the vineyards where you can enjoy the complimentary wine provided by Julian and Nikki
- air con and Wifi are provided throughout
- breakfasts are plentiful with a leaning toward traditional French breakfasts of pastries and cured meats
- parking, which can be difficult in Saint-Emilion, is available on site if pre-booked
Nikki and Julian, the charming hosts of Le Pavillon, are a perfect blend of style, service, knowledge and panache. With backgrounds spanning the globe, they were drawn to France over 15 years ago through Julian’s love of wine and having always been huge fans of St Emilion, snapped up Le Pavillion when it came on the market. After full renovations they opened in 2012 and that love of wine and Nikki’s background in TV and film are in evidence in every corner of this beautiful property.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
St-Emilion, Bordeaux, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
St-Emilion, Bordeaux, France