Charming Dordogne Cottage
Looking for a peaceful, romantic retreat for two in a remote and beautiful setting? This is it. Recently renovated, Le Mazet provides all the modern conveniences while maintaining its traditional charm. Whether you want to spend your days here cycling around the picturesque countryside or simply relaxing with some world class local wine while enjoying the superb view, here’s the place to do it.
Le Mazet was described as “exquisite” by I newspaper in January 2018.
Le Mazet’s location, while secluded, is also very convenient for venturing out to discover the Dordogne. For outdoor lovers, the Dordogne river is 25 minutes by car with its supervised beach, as well as canoe rentals. Hiking and cycling trails are literally on the doorstep. The adorable 13th century Monpazier, named one of France’s prettiest villages, with its bars, restaurants and shops is a 12 minute drive away.
If arriving by air, the closest airport is Bergerac – a 40 minute drive away. The closest international airport is in Bordeaux and is approximately 2 hours away by car.
- The high-end restoration is stellar. Stylish and modern touches blend perfectly with the traditional features of the house
- The private south facing garden, complete with barbecue, sun loungers, parasols and dining area, is the perfect place for al fresco living while taking in the gorgeous scenery
- The finishing touches make all the difference. Complimentary toiletries, 100% Egyptian cotton linens, and goose down duvets are just some of the surprises here
- The lavender filled garden surrounding the cottage is lovely, and creates a feeling of tranquillity
- The daily bakery delivery service available here is wonderful. The freshest rolls, bread etc. brought right to your door every morning is something you’ll grow accustomed to
- A well-equipped, open concept kitchen
- WiFi, portable speaker, and flat screen TV with satellite are welcome add-ons
- A private garden area provides a serene and restorative space
- The wood burner is great for cozy evenings
- The large bedroom with en suite bathroom remains wonderfully cool in the summer
- Complimentary toiletries give a hotel feel
Owners Rupert and Franck left their former careers and home of Amsterdam in 2015 to pursue a new life in the Dordogne. It was love at first sight when they saw the property which Le Mazet forms part of, and quickly began restoring and updating the property. Their mutual love for the region’s culture, history, wildlife, and culinary traditions is strong, and they hope you will come away from your stay as in love with it all as they are.
If you are in need of a more spacious place for additional people, Rupert and Franck also own the gorgeous neighbouring Le Mas.
ReviewsLeave your own
May 2020: Mark and Peter
An excellent week staying in Le Mazet whilst exploring the beautiful Dordogne. Le Mazet is beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable, perfect for a couple of a solo traveller. Rupert & Franck were warm, welcoming & engaging. The outdoor space, with commanding views and the most beautiful sunsets, is calming and restorative - the only sound is the birdsong. Highly recommended and we will return.
October 2017: Nimrod & Mor, Israel
Everything in this wonderful place is perfect. The view, the hosts Franck & Rupert, the room, the area. Thank you for a charming holiday and see you soon.
July 2017: Deborah
Our hosts Rupert and Franck were absolutely wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. The location was fabulous, quiet and peaceful with fantastic views but within easy reach of so many of the beautiful medieval villages and towns the region is so well known for. The cottage was beautiful and the attention to detail second to none- fresh flowers, welcome pack of bread, wine and homemade jam- absolutely everything was thought of and we had an amazing few days and will be back.
Summer 2017, Michael
Situated in a picture postcard setting and pleasing approach, we knew that we had arrived at something special. My husband and I were just so lucky to have found this beautiful. The owners Franck and Rupert were just a delight and couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome. The accommodation was perfect, very chic décor, spotlessly clean, inviting and little details like the welcome pack with home made conserve were the icing on the cake!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Sainte Croix, Dordogne, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Sainte Croix, Dordogne, France