CHARMING ITALIAN MASTERPIECE
La Palazzetta del Vescovo has so much going for it; an infinity pool with a view surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, superbly appointed traditional Italian rooms, food and wine of incredible standards… topped off by hosts of the highest caliber.
Imagine holding your event on that terrace, with that backdrop! La Palazzetta del Vescovo is a wonderfully intimate venue to hold any type of event and your amazing hosts can help plan the catering to your requirements.
It is hard to convey how beautiful the setting of this gay friendly hotel is. On the top of an Umbrian hill, its views sweep down across the valley and away towards Perugia. Lie beside the infinity pool and soak that view up as you sample the local wines – you’re in the heart of Italy’s wineland after all.
There are several small hillside towns to visit nearby, including a half an hour walk through the fields to picturesque Collelungo and there are plenty of larger towns and cities to explore within easy reach. The Umbrian capital Perugia is a beautiful day out, with its Medieval passageways and cobbled laneways. Todi is only 20 minutes and Assisi,Spoleto Orvieto and Montefalco are all less than an hour away.
- Simply, the warmth and professionalism of the service you receive at La Palazzetta del Vescovo
- The gardens are beautiful and there are plenty of covered terraces and open vistas that allow you to soak up the stunning setting
- Paola can arrange on request four-hour cookery sessions in her kitchen where you get to learn some (repeat ‘some’) of her family’s culinary secrets
- There are complimentary non alcoholic drinks, mineral water, cakes and fruits available all day
- Stefano’s incredible wine cellar is an oenophiles dream
- Nine traditional rooms of varying sizes are spread across two floors of the original house, with the beams, tiled floors and beautiful views you’d hope for
- Beautiful infinity pool with amazing views
- Wifi and aircon are provided throughout the property
- Breakfast is a continental affair served al fresco when possible and there is the option of a light lunch on request
- The restaurant on site is renowned for its food and offers a set tasting menu each night – you need to let them know you are joining them for dinner
- Cooking classes can be arranged as can wine tours and truffle hunting
Paola and Stefano are the definition of good hosts. Leaving corporate life behind they renovated the 18th century palazzo using local artisans and have created an oasis of calm and relaxation. They are passionate about food and wine, the quality of the food prepared by in Paola’s kitchen is amazing and Stefano can arrange truffle hunting or wine tours taking in some of the smaller, lesser known but high quality vineyards. Their love and knowledge of this area also means they are the perfect ear when planning your day trips and the perfect hosts as you take in supper on the terrace.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
La Palazzetta del Vescovo
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
La Palazzetta del Vescovo