Italian village boutique hotel
Described perfectly as “not so much a hotel as a cultured house party” by Tatler, this beautifully crafted boutique hotel in Pienza, Southern Italy offers the chance to experience a more relaxed, authentic Tuscany. This is a unique and welcoming Tuscan village hotel.
Pienza is famed for its Renaissance architecture, with a stunning main Palazzo, Cathedral and the cobbled, winding alleyways which feature in the ancient villages of this region. But Pienza is more than a museum. It’s a vibrant town with a great cultural scene, good places to dine out on quality Italian dishes and simply explore and experience an authentic Italian community. If wine is your thing then let the team at La Bandita plan a tasting tour of wineries close by and you’ll discover some lovely, little known quality wines. There’s also an historic spa town nearby – Bagno Vignoni – with sulphur baths to soak in.
When you’re ready to explore further Pienza is also a superb jumping off point for some of the Top Tourist must sees of Tuscany. You’re an hour from Siena with its crazy beautiful main Piazza del Campo, an hour and a half from Florence and in a great spot to explore the hilltop towns of the region. A favourite of the Further Afield team is Fiesole with its views back to Florence.
Getting about is always going to be easier with a car and it’s a two and a half hour drive from Rome airport.
- The sense of escapism that La Bandita Townhouse offers. You’re in the heart of Tuscany but it feels like a world away from the tourist hotspots, all of which are on your doorstep if you want to explore
- John has crafted a seamless marriage of old and new in the renovation of this lovely Boutique Hotel in Tuscany. The building was brought back to life enhancing its original features but then he curated the interiors with a lovely mix of ultra modern furniture and design
- The bathrooms are lovely with quality fittings and fab toiletries
- No review of La Bandita Townhouse can not talk about how beautiful Pienza is. It’s truly unspoilt and offers a glimpse into the unhurried and peaceful way of life that defines this corner of Tuscany. The main piazza is joyful in its traditional architecture and the way it forms a hub for the town
- Make sure you book a table at The Townhouse Caffe and look on as the chef’s craft their traditional Italian dishes and there’s also seating in the walled Medieval garden. Check out a sample menu to get a flavour or what’s on offer
- A rambling, historic Renaissance building carefully converted to a stylish and welcoming boutique hotel
- 12 ensuite bedrooms all retaining the original features of the building, including wooden beams and stone walls
- The cost of your room includes free soft drinks and water, but also a free laundry service for stays over three nights. Very handy
- Top floor suites have amazing views across Tuscan countryside, whilst lower floors are immersed in the characterful heart of Pienza
- There is air con throughout but the stone and vaulted ceilings help keep the temperatures down through most of the year
- A large library area where guests are encouraged to mingle has a well-stocked honour bar with sofas dotted around for total relaxation
- At the rear of the hotel there’s an enclosed oasis of a walled garden
- The Townhouse Caffe is the onsite restaurant and wine bar which offers superb traditional Italian dishes cooked to order
John led a showbiz lifestyle in the music industry before choosing to make Pienza his home and create La Bandita and its sister property La Bandita Country House in the rolling hills close to town. He has immersed himself in the community and culture of this beautiful Tuscan town and subsequently makes for an amazingly knowledgeable host!
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
La Bandita Townhouse
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
La Bandita Townhouse