Kókkini Porta Rossa
ISLAND PERFECTION BEHIND THE RED DOOR
Tucked just inside the stunning ancient fortified old town of Rhodes, this beautifully restored house has five lovely, serene and sumptuous suites. Stone walls, Persian carpets, polished boards, space and light and a beautiful courtyard for enjoying breakfasts and dinners of stunning quality give this intimate hotel a sense of complete escape and luxury. Coupled with hosts of old school hospitality means you might not leave.
A million miles away from the package holiday resorts, the UNESCO recognised old town of Rhodes is a maze of courtyards and alleyways. The hotel is located by one of the gateways giving it its name – Kókkini Porta – and has the cafes and bazaars that make this area so unforgettable on its doorstep. Wander down to the water front on a balmy evening and stop for a bit of people watching. Eat at one of the fantastic restaurants and soak in the architectural gems that illustrate the town’s long and varied history. It’s all here.
You can also choose to use here as you base to explore the rest of the island; with over 200k of coastline there are some beautiful beaches, but also some less visited sights which your hosts are always happy to direct you to. The airport is about 20 minutes by car.
- every space within the hotel has been decorated individually but with the same approach to style and quality. It just feels so calm and restful
- eating in the courtyard is magical; candlelit and atmospheric. The menus are carefully created to highlight local dishes and wines and all delicious. The breakfasts are multi course affairs with some of the best coffee we’ve had
- the bathrooms are flights of luxury, with roll top baths, walk in showers as well as slippers and beach towels. The bed linen is top quality and there’s a pillow menu to make sure your sleep is just right
- the obvious pride and love for the house and the island that emanates from your hosts coupled with their incredible service level creates a real sense of being given access to a Rhodes you might have missed if you hadn’t stayed here
- pass through the front door and you’re in the midst of ancient Rhodes. Coffee. Pastries. Ouzo. Shopping. Lovely.
- five individually designed suites, all complimenting the traditional features of the house with modern design and furnishings. Each suite has its own seating area and beautiful bathroom
- rooms have the expected great cosmetics, towels, TV, wifi, etc but also mini bars with complimentary snacks and soft drinks
- breakfasts are amazing and dinners are available at the beginning of the season and end (March, April and November) when some nearby restaurants are closed
- free drinks, wines, nibbles and things from the mini bar. Yes, gratis!
- an ipad is available with GPS and tailored itineraries to help guide you around Rhodes (and back to the hotel after a day exploring)
Read any review of Kókkini Porta Rossa and whilst guests love the quiet beauty of this spot they never fail to mention Nikos, Angela and their team. Originally from Rhodes, they have travelled extensively and both worked in hotels and hospitality.
With another passion for restoring old houses they were perfectly placed to create, in their own words “a home where everyone that visits is a personal guest”. Their love of both the house and Rhodes is evident as they a provide seamless, quality service. On hand to help you plan the best of your stay – even down to providing ipads stocked with tailored information – they take your stay to the next level.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Kókkini Porta Rossa
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Kókkini Porta Rossa