Elegant St Andrews holiday cottages
Two beautifully converted and designed holiday cottages, each sleeping four, just outside of historic St Andrews. A golfer’s delight, but in an area where there’s more than just golf – think beaches and castles, beautiful towns and fab shopping – these quaint and beautiful Scottish holiday cottages are an ideal jumping off point.
Down a narrow country lane and set around the courtyard of a traditional Scottish “steading” or farmyard are these two converted stable buildings, East Sands Cottage and West Sands Cottage. The countryside here is natural and beautiful but you’re also only a short distance by car or on foot from the delights of St Andrews, with its bars, coffee shops and great shopping as well as its famous golf course. But for us these cottages are about escaping and retreating and where better to do that than on a wild and windy beach. Luckily there’s the Fife coastal path close by and the fishing villages around Fife are worth exploring.
You could easily stay here car free for a few days after taking the train and then a taxi, but one would help get the best out of this rural yet accessible location.
- Claudia has designed the cottages to feel relaxing and calm with a muted palette and super comfy furnishings
- The feel is country cottage and you’re surrounded by open spaces but you’re still close to city life in St Andrews if you’re drawn to the city – which you can access without a car if you wish
- This area is incredible if you’re a golfer, but if you’re not then there’s so much else to explore
- The coastline here is natural and wild and we love it!
- Once you’ve bought up your seafood supplies cooking them up in the well equipped kitchens is a lovely way to spend an evening – especially with the wood burner fired up on a cooler night
- Children will love the freedom to roam and make use of Claudia’s gardens too
- Two beautifully converted stable buildings, each offering two bedrooms for up to four guests
- Each cottage has a double and a double or twin second bedroom and the layouts mean that they’re accessible for those less mobile
- Kitchens are well equipped with quality items, including dishwashers
- Sitting rooms are cozy and have wood burning stoves as well as tables for four
- Bathrooms are modern and have quality fittings
- Interiors are thoughtfully and tastefully designed
- There are places to sit in the courtyard – as well as parking – and guests are able to use Claudia’s garden too
- The cottages are dog friendly with some rules and by agreement
Claudia is a lover of travel and has done more than her share and it’s reflected in her enjoyment of sharing the cottages with guests and ensuring that they get the best out of their stay by sharing tips when required. She’ll also share poetry if you’re a fan as she is. She and her family are also very aware of providing privacy for guests and whilst on site aren’t around unless required.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
St Andrews, Scotland
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
St Andrews, Scotland