Marc and Alan are offering 20% off stays in Cortijo el Carligto (the main house, which sleeps 8) for Further Afield travellers – that’s a saving of €1400 for stays during high season!
SPLENDOUR & STARGAZING
Gasp. Sigh. Another gasp. This luxurious house in a staggeringly beautiful, hilltop setting, will quite simply take your breath away. With knockout views, a private pool and bohemian decor, this secluded gem (sleeping 6) is magical, day and night. Bliss for the body and soul. And remember that the Hunting Lodge is part of El Carlighto which together with the Hunting Lodge can accommodate up to 14.
The hilltop views from the Hunting Lodge garden terraces are amazing: picture a vast sky, dramatic mountains and in the distance, the shimmering sea. However, if you can prize yourself away from the bespoke luxury and the magnificent view, there are some amazing destinations not too far away, to check out. If you love walking, there are endless trekking and hiking routes in the surrounding areas, parts of which are nature reserves, plus opportunities for those adventure sports enthusiasts to don the Lycra.
Though the property is on a rural plot in the mountainous coastal region known as La Axarquia and is utterly private, the nearest beaches are in Torre del Mar are only 25km away. They are recommended, but it’s the beaches around Nerja, (40km away) that are incredibly beautiful and a must-see. Malaga and its international air and rail links, is about 50km. Granada is about 100km away.
- A house full of unforgettable experiences: enjoying a private poolside massage while looking out at the spectacular view just one…
- The outside ‘bed’ complete with mosquito net. Resting here after a glass of wine is utter bliss
- An outside dining area. A candle-lit table, with the stars illuminating the dark night sky beyond, is eating ever so wonderful?
- The cool, stylish interiors work perfectly. Whites combined with local art and rustic furniture
- Hunting Lodge has three double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, plus there is a guest bathroom
- The 100sq m living space is airy, bright and open to the most amazing views and have a nod to bohemian style
- Private pool with sun-loungers, courtyards and furniture for al-fresco dining
- Indoor and outdoor kitchen and dining area, lounge and cinema
- Various services are available: from culinary and spa, shopping or chauffeur to adventure sports and a personal fitness trainer
- A chef (optional service) will cook incredible Andalucian dishes for you, offers master classes and gourmet tasting menus. There are options for vegetarians, larger groups, full day catering, waiting staff and other requests
- Concierge assistance is available to make reservations, book tickets, arrange events etc
- You can rent Hunting Lodge with El Carligto, so that you and your friends or family have exclusive use of the entire estate
Marc and Alan are the owners and managers – Marc is originally from the Netherlands and Alan from the US. They moved from London to Andalucia in January 2009 and immediately began renovations on the farm house and landscaping additional garden areas. Marc’s previous professional experience includes IT/Telecoms management roles, consulting, and corporate change management; Alan’s background lies mostly in education and training in the public and private sectors.
Marc and Alan share a passion for travel and culinary explorations, which flavours their approach and has resulted in a vast expert knowledge of their Andalucian locale which they are only too happy to share.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Malaga, Andalucia, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Malaga, Andalucia, Spain