A charming and quintessentially Parisian boutique hotel which delivers quiet luxury in a corner of Paris popular with French and international visitors.
Hotel Recamier is tucked away on the southern corner of Place Saint Sulpice which is in the heart of the Latin Quarter of Paris, south of the Seine. While this is a district of small independent galleries, fashion boutiques, bistros and intimate café’s it retains a very ‘local’ atmosphere which makes you feel as if you are in the real Paris as opposed to the usual tourist dominated districts. Very close to the sublime Luxembourg Gardens and only a short distance from the Musée D’Orsay.
Metro stations Saint-Sulpice or Saint-Germain-des-Prés (line 4) and Mabillon (line 10).
- a gem of hotel – chic, intimate, refined, subtle and all perfectly set in the heart of the Latin Quarter
- unlike some Parisian hotels the staff are extremely friendly and welcoming
- the location: Place Saint Sulpice is very French with its magnificent fountain in the centre, tree and café lined sides. It also comes even more alive for 12 days of the year when it hosts one of Paris’ most impressive flea markets with antique dealers from all over France. The Luxembourg Gardens are close by and are described as one of the finest public spaces in France and only a short bus ride or taxi away from the Musée D’Orsay (which for me knocks the socks off the Louvre any day)
- on a smaller scale there are wonderful shops to explore down narrow side streets – chocolatiers, bespoke shirt makers, patisseries and home interiors – a real joy to explore
- 24 rooms individually designed by Jean-Louis Deniot and all united by their fresh contemporary style
- each floor of the hotel has a different theme and while not huge (very few hotel rooms in Paris are) the rooms are luxurious, quiet and extremely comfortable to stay in
- all rooms have immaculate en-suite bathrooms with either walk-in showers or bathtubs (classic and club rooms have both)
- several rooms look out onto Place Saint Sulpice affording archetypal views of Paris (fountains, bustling cafés, trees and of course the magnificent church of St Sulpice and the Eiffel Tower in the distance)
- iPod docking stations, Wifi and flat screen TV’s are standard
- the downstairs breakfast area is not huge but is perfectly and lusciously designed to maintain comfort and to maximize the best use of the space
- complimentary tea time served from 4pm to 6pm in the lounge with tea, coffee, cappuccinos and cakes
- room-service every day until 11pm.
- there is a small workout room for those who wish to raise their metabolic rate by exercising indoors rather than walking the streets of the Left Bank
- to the rear of the hotel this is also a small greenery filled courtyard with garden furniture
Sylvie, the owner, takes great pride in the quality of everything. She cut her teeth on the award winning sister hotel Hotel Therese. She also provides top tips on the best places to eat and shop including Pierre Hermé, an exquisite and artistic patisserie in Paris. She warns of the queues to get in but says ‘it is worth it – you could make a hat out of the shopping bag – it is so stylish!’
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.