Montelparo, Le Marche, Italy
Nibble succulent olives and sip a chilled glass of Prosecco while taking in the fabulous views at this lovingly restored 16th century palazzo, on the slopes of a medieval town. Truly stunning scenery, scrumptious food, private pool and elegant decor make this sophisticated venue a showstopper.
Like the idea of holding your event in an intimate, stylish Italian hotel, with amazing backdrops and catering of an exceptional standard? Palazzo Leone could be the place for you. Read more on Madeline and Tim’s site – note it’s tailored to weddings, but the team can cater for your event whatever the occasion.
The property is in the hilltop town of Montelparo, in central Italy giving it unbeatable views of the rolling hills of Le Marche. With architecture dating to the 13th century, Montelparo itself is a fascinating and beautiful place to explore, but the surroundings are equally awe-inspiring. Walkers and nature lovers will be in their element here – if wildflowers and wildlife are your passion, the owners Tim and Madeline have devised various options to help you explore the majestic SIBILLINI NATIONAL PARK and neighbouring areas.
Le Marche is an area of outstanding beauty, with museums and art galleries, castles and fortresses, Romanesque churches, theatres, national and regional parks, not to mention the blue-flag sandy beaches. There are 28 sandy beaches in the 180 km Le Marche coastline to choose from – the closest is about 30 minutes drive away. For adrenalin junkies, there are plenty of ways to get your pulse racing: rock-climbing, paragliding, horse-riding, ski-ing and hot-air ballooning to name a modest few. And if you’re a foodie you won’t want to stop eating and drinking, with options of olive oil tasting, wine tasting, truffle hunting or simply reclining on a sun-lounger with a glass of Prosecco.
Fly to Ancona or Pescara and the Palazzo is an hour’s drive away. Rome is a 3hr drive.
- the deluxe double with balcony views of the surrounding hills. The beds and linen are welcoming and very comfortable!
- the hosts are very knowledgeable on the area and have a knack of pointing you in the right direction to really experience Le Marche
- Tim’s delicious food. After a few days it’s actually a welcome change to sample some classic Italian dishes which you wont find in other local restaurants
- the hotel is focused on being green and has won several awards for this, including the Tripadvisor Gold Greenleader award
- if you are walkers you will be spoiled for choice in this area – so much to discover, experience and enjoy
- if you are foodies – you will be in heaven. This area of Le Marche has everything you could want to try – all wholesome, mostly organic and very definitely fresh
- if shopping is your thing the area is where some of the finest Italian clothing and shoe brands are manufactured. Factory outlets abound (Tods, Prada, Armani to name a few)
- eight luxury bedrooms in the hotel including twin rooms, deluxe doubles and suites
- all rooms have well-appointed bathrooms with luxurious walk in showers, and toiletries, fluffy cotton towels and gowns
- there’s an infinity edge pool, with sunbeds, hammocks and umbrellas
- all rooms have bar fridges, TV’s, Telephones, Wi-Fi and air conditioning
- in the restaurant, chef Tim has devised a menu of International dishes and classic Italian cuisine. This is complemented by a fine selection of local wines. The breakfast is a selection of provincial cheese and meat, fruit, yoghurts and cereals together with fresh, homemade breads, croissants and pastries and the option to have eggs made to order
- the Empire Bar serves a variety of refreshments throughout the day, from afternoon tea to a glass of locally produced wine
- the Terrace is a wonderful place to take in the views and enjoy a glass of something sparkly
- sitting room, great for relaxing – in the winter a lovely log fire will toast your toes
- whole house bookings and events available
Tim and Madeline, both one-time bankers, have made their final trade, swapping the relatively calm life of International Banking for the altogether more stressful careers in hospitality. Tim, in his 20’s, was a Foreign Exchange Trader, in his 30’s he established his own interior/exterior design and build company and now he has again retrained – this time as a Chef at the renowned at-sunrice Global Chef Academy in Singapore. Madeline remained in Investment Banking for 25 years which took her around the globe, finishing on a high with a final stint in Singapore.
ReviewsLeave your own
Phil from London , June 2015
Madeline and Tim have got this just right: a high-quality transformation of a small-town hotel, with fantastic attention to detail. A great welcome in the attractively styled bar; very comfortable bedroom; excellent dinners in the restaurant, which brings in a fair bit of local custom too; a superb, spotless pool area (with strong wifi); and all with a glorious panorama of hilltop towns and the distant Adriatic. The Leone is clearly the most exciting thing to have happened in Montelparo for some years, so don't expect to do much else locally other than a gentle stroll - but it's a genuine, and friendly, community, so adding to the real sense of place.
Nick from Chorley, UK : June 2015
Superb Boutique hotel with a capital. If you want to stay and eat in one of the finest hotels in Italy, then Madeline and Tim at Hotel Leone will create a fantastic experience for you. From the moment you check in, you will not be disappointed. Stunning location, fantastic ambience and a truly wonderful staying and dining experience. The attention to detail was superb. Probably one of the best hotel experiences that we have ever had. Truly memorable.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Montelparo, Le Marche, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Montelparo, Le Marche, Italy