Romantic couples cottage
Let the stresses of everyday life disappear at this idyllic stone cottage for two. Located on a sprawling farm in Cornwall you’ll have the stunning view of the Looe river valley, as well as excellent day trip options, packaged up in the utmost of comfort. Beautifully furnished, this cozy property is a proper retreat.
Hollyhock is one of the 15 stone cottages located on the 150 acre Treworgey Farm (with pool, tennis court and amazing grounds). Near the Looe River Valley, a 10 minute drive to the charming town of Looe and just 5 to the village of Duloe where there’s a fantastic gastropub.
Seaton Beach is a 20 minute drive, and the enchanting Golitha Falls in Bodmin Moor is also 20 minutes away. A tad further, all about a 1.5 hour drive away, there’s the dramatic coastal area of Lizard Point, St Michael’s Mount, and the subtropical gardens of Trebah.
Arriving by air, Newquay Airport is 45 minutes away, while Exeter is 1 hour and 30 minutes, and Bristol Airport 2 hours and 30 minutes. The closest rail station is Sandplace, and transfers can be arranged with notice. Liskeard is the closest main line, connecting the area to London in 3.5 hours.
- Treworgey’s entirely self sufficient approach to energy is so impressive! 20 acres of the farm are used to grow biofuel which provides the cottages with their heat and hot water. Helping the environment without compromising on any comforts for guests is commendable
- animal lovers will enjoy the amount and variety of wildlife on the farm. Bunnies and sheep are friendly and everywhere, and horse riding is available. Dogs are, of course welcome
- the light and airy feel to the cottage is charming and you can feel the history as well. With twisted oak ceiling beams, a roaring fire, tasteful antiques, and a mostly white colour scheme, you feel serene stepping into it immediately
- the private enclosed garden and patio is English country living at its best. A perfect place to take in the scenery
- the location of the cottage allows you to experience some of the best Cornwall has to offer. Whether you desire outdoorsy experiences or gastropub meals, you won’t be far from it all here
- Kingsize, 4 poster bedroom with excellent river views
- ensuite with shower over bath
- private, enclosed garden with eating area
- well equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washer-dryer
- open fire in living area with logs included
- flat screen TV, DVD and CD players, iPod dock
- access to tennis court, horse riding, and heated outdoor pool
Treworgey Farm has been a labour of love for Linda and Bevis for 40 years now. In 1977, fresh back from their honeymoon, they bought and began restoring one abandoned barn after the other. Their love for the area, attention to detail, and respect for the environment have been past down to their children who contribute to the running of the farm as well.
If you are in need of more room for additional people, Trelugas Cottage located on their farm, is another great option.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nr Looe, Cornwall, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nr Looe, Cornwall, England