Comfy Cotswolds B&B
Superbly located for an escape to the country without being in the middle of nowhere, this beautifully renovated farmhouse B&B in Gloucestershire is a tonic for the soul. It’s quiet and relaxing (no under 12s helps) surrounded by open fields, superb walks and an area of true beauty to explore on the doorstep.
Just outside of the historic market town of Stroud – a 30 minute walk through fields will get you there – Hammonds Farm is surrounded by open farmland and you’ll find Alpacas, sheep, and horses here. Close to superb walking routes and there are towns like Tetbury, Nailsworth and Cirencester as well as quaint villages like Minchinhampton and Painswick to explore. You could also fill a month visiting country houses and their gardens in this area.
Off the M5 and close to the M4 makes Hammonds Farm easily accessible from North or South and Stroud has a station too, making a car free weekend away in the countryside feasible. There are direct trains to Stroud from Paddington and easy connections to Birmingham and Bristol and it’s 10 minutes in a taxi to the farmhouse.
- The sense of escape and peace at Hammonds Farm coupled with the ability to wander across fields to a town with great eating and shopping options
- The honey colored stone walls and traditional architecture are the essence of a Cotswold farmhouse and there’s a lovely welcoming feel about the farm
- Bea has decorated the rooms and communal areas with clean, bright décor and you feel very much welcomed into a home
- The rooms are traditional but by no means stuffy and are more spacious than you’d expect. The views across the farm are lovely too
- The breakfasts are a treat with a range of choices. Perfect for setting you up for a day’s walking in the Cotswolds
- Five individually styled and spacious ensuite bedrooms all with traditional features
- One room can be a twin and have an extra bed provided
- The bathrooms and wetrooms are all nicely finished with features like rainfall showers and underfloor heating
- Rooms have TVs, Wifi and tea and coffee
- Breakfast is served at individual tables in a spacious dining room and there’s also a communal sitting room
- Guests are encouraged to explore the farm with guidance from Bea and Harry on where best to head to
- There are Alpacas on the farm which enjoy a walk and you can take them out for an hour
- At certain times Hammonds Farm can be taken as a self catering holiday house for 12 in a wonderful Cotswolds setting. Ideal for larger groups who want some extra privacy
Bea and Harry are you effervescent hosts at Hammonds Farm. After extensively renovating the house they are on hand but respectful of your space and enjoy sharing the farm with their guests. Bea is a superb cook and she produces incredible breakfasts as well as homemade biscuits for each set of guests.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Hammonds Farm B&B
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Hammonds Farm B&B