Dorset Farm Stay
Set in stunning rolling countryside just outside of Shaftesbury, Dorset, these two B&B rooms are in a contemporary stone farmhouse. Set apart from the owner’s accommodation these aren’t your old school B&B rooms, instead offering a retreat for the perfect escape as well as an ideal base for exploring this wonderful part of England.
In the village of Ashmore, just outside of beautiful Shaftesbury with its famous Gold Hill, restaurants and stunning views, you’ve a mountain of small villages (with plentiful pub options) and historic towns to explore on your doorstep. Tisbury (with fast rail links to London) is half an hour away and if you want to head further there’s stunning coastline less than an hour away. Nearer to home you’ve lovely countryside to explore – on foot if you wish – but also the beautiful grounds of the farm to escape in too.
Easily accessible from Bristol and London by road and rail.
- Tessa’s AGA cooked breakfasts are a feast and if you can then take up the opportunity to have dinner. Beautifully cooked traditional English cuisine – by prior arrangement only Monday to Thursday, but weekend options available too. Great eating options nearby
- The fact that the rooms are in their own separate annex, making them feel private and tucked away
- Heading out on foot to explore the maze of footpaths across this beautiful region – Tessa has plentiful maps and guides
- You can escape the city to this rural idyll in less than two hours. Ink black skies and zero light pollution – perfect for owl spotting!
- Sherborne’s high street is full of independent shops, cafes and restaurants or head to the café at the top of Shaftesbury’s Gold Hill for an amazing view
- Two individually designed ensuite rooms, both spacious and both with views across open farmland
- Wessex, on the ground floor, has a private deck overlooking the surrounding countryside
- Breakfast is available every day and dinner Monday to Thursday (by prior arrangement). Other nights cold trays can be provided – especially nice on the deck of Wessex
- Lovely gardens to explore, with outdoor eating in the warmer months
- Wifi, flatscreen TVs and hotel like extras including dressing gowns
Tessa and Ian designed and built the house themselves and live in the main house, away from the annex where the two B&B rooms are.
ReviewsLeave your own
Matt: May 2018
Stayed at Glebe Farm for two nights over bank holiday weekend with my boyfriend. Idyllic setting in small village with many walks and pubs direct from room. We stayed in the downstairs room (Wessex) which has a beautiful outside deck which has a great vista of the surrounding countryside. Tessa our hostess was brilliant, welcoming and really made us feel at home. We really enjoyed breakfast each morning and how easy / relaxed the Weekend was. We will be back again to visit over Summer to explore more of Dorset. Delighted to have found a lovely BnB just 2 hours from London by car. Thank you for a great recommendation Furtherafield!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Shaftesbury, Dorset, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Shaftesbury, Dorset, England