Historic English country house
Wedding receptions and events can be held in the Court’s grounds or principle rooms – think Four Weddings and a Funeral style marquee and stunning setting. Or hold your ceremony in the Manor Gardens and hire the 16thCentury Wool Barn (http://www.framptoncourtestate.co.uk/weddings/) with its impressive timber-framed interior. Whilst the team here don’t provide catering or marquees they have fantastic contacts to help you source the very best suppliers.
Photo credit: Ria Mishaal Photography
Frampton on Severn is a lovely canal and riverside village in the heart of Gloucestershire’s beautiful countryside. Frampton Court is on the edge of the village green – with pubs and eateries within walking distance – and is situated perfectly to explore the wider area. Gems like Cheltenham are nearby or head across to Cotswold towns like Tetbury and Malmesbury. The walking routes here are great too, including the Severn Way and Cotswold Way, making a car free weekend easy.
Close to the M40 and M5 so driving is easy, or train it to Stroud and jump in a taxi.
- The simple understated elegance and grandeur of the rooms. Four poster beds, free standing baths, stunning views across parkland and formal gardens… it’s all here
- The traditional English breakfasts are great. Many of the ingredients are sourced locally and where possible are organic
- Imagine hosting your event here! The Court and additional Orangery space sleep up to 18 and there are all kinds of options around catering and activities, which mean you can create a truly bespoke stay
- The Court offers lots of space to relax but has plenty on its doorstep, including the village, canal and its pubs and coffee shop. The Estate website also provides a handy guide to inspire visitors http://www.framptoncourtestate.co.uk/in-the-area/
- The ease of getting to Frampton on Severn by road or rail makes it an ideal weekend escape for two or to meet up with a group for a weekend house party
- Five stately bedrooms, classically and comfortably furnished. Four are ensuite and one has a slipper bath in the room and Georgian WC across the south wing landing
- The rooms are offered as part of a house party or on a B&B basis Thursday through to Sunday only
- Guests are served breakfast in the grand dining room but also have access to the Hall, with its open fire, and the sunny morning room. House parties have additional exclusive access to the Court’s drawing room
- Dinners can sometimes be provided, but there are numerous great eateries nearby, including The Old Passage seafood restaurant on the River Severn
- The Grade 1 listed gardens, ornamental canal, ponds and parkland run to many acres and are stunning; guests are invited to wander and hideaway
- In the grounds of the Court there’s a separate garden house, The Orangery, available for full house rental – http://www.framptoncourtestate.co.uk/the-orangery/– which can be booked for 8 as a beautiful holiday home or as part of a larger event at Frampton Court
Frampton Court has been lived in by the Clifford family since it was built in 1730 and forms part of the 1,500-acre Frampton Court Estate. Until recently one of their family homes, its doors are now open to weekend guests.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire