MODERN ECO IN AN ANCIENT LANDSCAPE
Awe inspiring natural beauty surrounds and embraces this uniquely designed hideaway cabin. The light that enters the open plan space makes it a calm and restful place to relax and escape. Designed by award wining architects the Studio combines simplicity with a high quality interior. It uses a sustainable palette of materials in inventive combinations, creating a unique and beautiful place to stay. The Studio has recently featured in DEZEEN.
The studio sits in a natural niche in which it was designed to fit, surrounded by Croft-land of heather, myrtle and wild orchids enjoying extensive views to Loch Bracadale and hills quintessentially Highland Scotland. Its situation simply takes your breath away. On the Minginish Peninsula there is an abundance of walks and hikes through wild countryside and onto secluded beaches.
On the west coast of Skye, Fiskavaig is a true escape, but still only 40 minutes drive from Portree, the island’s main town.
- Eagle spotting above, and otter spotting below
- The wood burner on a cold windy day; huge picture windows soaking up the sun and light
- The uniquely designed space and environmentally sustainable design that creates a calm and relaxing atmosphere
- Wild walks on your doorstep
- Beaches that give the Maldives a run for their money
- Simple but modern open plan diner and kitchen with all you need to cook up a storm
- Great big comfy sofa in front of the fire from where you can enjoy views down to the Loch
- Bathroom with shower and state of the art Swedish waterless loo!
- Cabin bedroom with King size bed
Kate and Nick moved to Skye in 2009 in order to build a modern house in collaboration with Rural Design Architects. Kate is a designer and illustrator who worked in publishing for over 20 years. Nick is a University Lecturer in film and documentary and is now sharing the experience of the Highlands with visiting students on practice based field trips.
They have collaborated on three builds with Rural Design, project managing and physically building the Blackhouse, in which they live, 15 Fiskavaig, another rental property they own, and the Studio.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Isle of Skye, Scotland
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Isle of Skye, Scotland