TRANQUIL RETREAT AMONGST THE VINES
A beautifully-restored,18th century ‘wine chateau’, the Domaine de Perches offers an escape to an exclusive and elegant, refined, yet relaxed, retreat. A place to recharge and restore, and the ideal base to discover the riches of this wonderful area of SW France with its historical towns and villages, amazing walking and of course the wine.
Check out this fabulous video to give you a better idea of how beautiful Perches is
Surrounded by vineyards, Perches has stunning views over a quiet valley of vines, meadows and woods to the rolling countryside of the Gaillac wine region beyond, as far as the Montagne Noire. The shops, restaurants and markets of Castelnau and Gaillac are only a few minutes drive from the house.
Beautiful as it is at Perches, this is an area you’ll want to explore. The rich architectural, artistic and historic heritage of “the French Tuscany” – with so many Unesco world heritage sites – has something for everyone: ancient castles and churches, picturesque medieval hill-top ‘bastide’ villages, like Castelnau de Montmiral, Bruniquel, Cordes-sur-ciel and Puycelsi; the amazing ‘red’ city of Albi, with its stunning cathedral and France’s largest single-painter collection – the Toulouse-Lautrec museum – and the vast array of cultural gems in Toulouse; all are less than 35 minutes drive from Perches.
You can arrive in Toulouse airport, just 40 minutes away, on direct flights from all parts of Europe. Alternatively, you can also reach Toulouse by TGV from Paris, then take a local train to Gaillac station, 10 minutes from Perches.
- Great open spaces both inside and out – with a maximum of 10 guests at a time there is always place to escape on your own
- Breakfast and dinner, based on fresh local produce, served by the pool in the balmy French climate
- this is great walking country; from gentle strolls to serious hiking, in the Gresigne and Sivens forests and the Aveyron gorge, all just a few minutes away
- There is also good horse-riding, great rides for cyclists of all ages (the Tour de France passes most years) for which you can hire bikes if required and for canoeing, the warm waters of the Aveyron are just 30 minutes away
- If golf is your thing then courses nearby include the 18-hole course at Albi – along the banks of the Tarn – rated by many as the best in South West France
- And of course, vineyards and wine-tastings, restaurants, music festivals……
- Five luxuriously appointed bedrooms and suites, all with en-suite bathrooms with twin sinks, walk-in showers or baths, and bathrobes, hairdryers, toiletries and thick towels. Most have views over the vineyards, and the suites have separate lounges.
- Four beautiful, spacious salons, perfect rooms for relaxation: sit back with a good book – there are a lot to choose from – or just admire the art
- Wifi throughout the house and in the courtyards
- Tennis court (remember to bring your shoes and racket!)
- Swimming pool with sun terrace, teak loungers or sun beds and pool towels, and a courtyard shaded by plane trees, surrounded by flowering oleander and hibiscus.
- Four acres of parkland, with mature trees, roses, olive and fruit trees and a lily pond, then extensive vineyards with pathways to explore from the front door
- Table d’hôte dinner, on reservation, including aperitif and fine local wines, served on the terrace by the pool or in one of the cool dining rooms in the house. Lunch platters can also be ordered.
- Alain and Howard are always delighted to utilise their in-depth knowledge of the area by planning activities and visits around the region
Your hosts, Alain and Howard, after living and working in many parts of the world, fell in love with this part of SW France. They welcome you, warmly and discreetly, as if you are friends coming for a stay in their country home.
They have known the area for years and now pour their passion for renovation, hospitality, fine furnishings both antique and contemporary, and varied artworks into the Domaine de Perches.
They prepare wonderful dinners and join you at the table to engage in wide-ranging conversations whilst sipping some excellent local wines.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Domaine de Perches
Gaillac, SW France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Domaine de Perches
Gaillac, SW France