On the edge of Europe
Head to the middle of the Mediterranean and let Dar tal-Kaptan Boutique Maison, a funky adult only B&B on Malta’s historic Gozo, melt your cares away. Enjoy panoramic views by the pool, taking in local culture, exploring some fantastic – and little known – landscape or simply enjoying the beautiful spaces that have been created here. A truly individual place to stay.
Throughout the year Peter and Warren organise several boutique events such as Yoga Retreats, Wine Tasting and Salon gatherings. Dar tal-Kaptan is also available for weddings or family and group events.
Dar tal-kaptan is in the village of Ghasri, on the island of Gozo – part of the Malta archipelago, historically important for its strategic position between Europe and Africa. Quiet and peaceful, the property is within walking distance to a lovely pebble beach and cove. The island itself is little known, but that’s great! Unspoilt and traditional, but with incredible history, culture and vistas everywhere you look.
Arrival, departure, and day tripping is easy with regular ferry service from Cirkewwa connecting Gozo to Malta and its international airport in under 20 minutes.
- The individually designed guest suites are bright, colourful, and filled with Gozitan charm. Old stone walls and traditional textiles give a warm atmosphere with large windows providing masses of natural light
- Gozo’s slightly under-the-radar status makes it the perfect place to experience the Mediterranean lifestyle without the crowds
- The location gives you restaurants within a 10 minute walk and that beach is just 20 minutes by foot
- The pool and jacuzzi are highlights. While taking a dip, enjoy a spectacular view of the Ghasri valley
- The gourmet breakfast is superb but you can also self cater using the communal kitchen and BBQ
- Owners Peter and Warren, on top of being exceptional hosts with all the savviest insider tips for exploring the area, are skilled in various types of massage therapy and you can arrange treatments with them during your stay
- Four suites, individually and eclectically decorated, all ensuite, bright and light with private terraces and some beautiful original features
- Whilst the B&B is adult only there are “kid friendly” weeks throughout the year and if you rent the house as a whole you younger friends are welcome too
- There’s a communal kitchen and BBQ should you wish to cook at home and a gazebo covered outdoor dining area is a great spot for a memorable meal
- All guest suites offer Wifi, cable TV and DVD players, air conditioning and central heating plus mini fridges
- The pool and jacuzzi are great places to enjoy the landscaped gardens any time of day
- There are sun loungers by the pool, and on private terraces
- The included gourmet breakfast is fantastic
- Massage treatments are available at additional cost – as is time in the sauna – to truly unwind
Peter and Warren have loved transforming this traditional Gozitan farmhouse into a quirky and individual B&B. A long held dream for both of them, the business was an immediate (and award winning) success. The touchstone of their success has been a belief in excellent, friendly and welcoming service.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Dar tal-Kaptan Boutique Maison
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Dar tal-Kaptan Boutique Maison