Rural Cornish Romance
Relish the idyllic English countryside whilst staying in this 19th century characterful Cornish holiday cottage, perfect for five. Part of a working family farm known for its dedication to promoting wellbeing, a stay here means experiencing utter relaxation.
Cradled in a lush valley in south east Cornwall, the estate is made up of 300 acres of flowery countryside. The harbour town of Looe (a 15-minute drive) is full of Cornish charm with some excellent gastropubs and restaurants. There’s also Fowey – another harbour town (20 mins away) – with some interesting eateries and an upmarket vibe. Take in panoramic, coastal views and stunning sunsets from Bury Down – an iron age hill fort which is on the farm – or head to Polzeath (a 45-minute drive), home to some of the best surfing in the UK.
Cornwall Airport Newquay is a 45-minute drive. Liskeard rail station is a 15-minute taxi ride away and has easy routes from London, Bristol, the Midlands and Edinburgh. Driving, you’re not far from the A30 which takes you back to Exeter.
- The rustic feel of the space (formerly home to a carpenter and blacksmith), blends wonderfully with modern design elements
- The views here are fantastic. Nestled between rolling hills and a valley, this backdrop never gets old
- The farm’s proximity to some of the regions best natural beauty, as well as bustling harbour villages makes for a fun stay
- The Tamblyn family’s dedication to sustainability is commendable. Most of Botelet’s energy is produced by two Gaia domestic wind turbines, and many pieces have up cycled throughout the property
- The breakfast club (held monthly) is open to non-residents too, giving guests a wonderfully communal experience with locals and fellow guests. Pull up a seat and feast on a delicious and seasonal menu with new friends (https://www.botelet.com/breakfast)
- Booking in for a therapeutic massage in the on-site therapy room
- The ongoing and frequently changing programme of events such as guided meditation and massage workshops are high quality and always eye opening (https://www.botelet.com/events)
- Three bedrooms: a double, a twin and a single plus a cot
- Fully equipped kitchen and separate dining room
- Bluetooth radio, TV, DVD, CD player and Wifi
- Books and maps are provided
- Log burning fireplace (logs included)
- Dogs are welcome with prior agreement
- Laundry facilities on premises
- Massage treatments available with pre-booking
- Access to a monthly breakfast club, available with advanced booking
- Access to a changing programme of wellness events
Multiple generations of the Tamblyn family currently help run the Botelet farm, each lending their own expertise to makes guests’ stays unique and unforgettable. Their forward thinking outlook and their attention to detail has awarded them countless accolades. Be sure to take a look at the other beautiful stays on the estate in our collection.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.