The Courtyard is a boutique B&B/small hotel, the first and only restoration of its kind in the beating heart of the historic town of Kalkan and within three minutes walk of the beach. This beautiful building has been sympathetically restored using traditional methods and materials reflecting the Mediterranean architectural style and together with lots of mod cons and great service it offers luxury in a traditional Turkish setting.
Nestled in the foothills of the dramatic Taurus Mountains on the Turquoise Coast Kalkan is a gorgeous town with its white-washed houses offset by the vibrancy of the bougainvillea adorning most gardens. Winding cobbled streets populated with cafés, bars and restaurants and an array of shops to pass the time in all add to the relaxing atmosphere. Not forgetting the sea is a stone’s throw away where you can immerse yourself in the warm Mediterranean crystal waters. Check out our guide to visiting Kalkan
Dalaman Airport is about 90 minutes away and Antalya Airport is a three hour journey – taxi transfers can be arranged but cheaper shuttle bus options are available.
- alfresco breakfasts of fresh bread, cheese, yoghurt, jam, honey and village eggs
- evening drinks on the terrace and getting to know our neighbours
- the staff are incredibly kind and attentive and Kalkan is also a very safe environment for single female travellers
- exploring the area to discover imposing mountains, pretty white-washed villages and azure blue coastline
- strolling down to the beach to either go for a swim or take a boat trip around the bay with a great lunch provided and the chance to swim in the warm waters in the more isolated spots – the coastline and the beaches in the area have been awarded a Blue Flag for cleanliness
- Turkey is an all year round walking destination and here you are very close to the Lycian Way which has been recognised as one of the Sunday Times’ top ten long distance walks but you don’t have to go too far to see why
- well-proportioned en-suite double bedrooms with queen size beds (one twin) made even more luxurious by the pocket sprung mattresses, deep pillows and Egyptian cotton bed linen
- spacious marble and travertine shower rooms with rain showers. One of the en-suites is located underground
- the benefits of hotel living – room service, laundry, ironing and air con in those sweltering summer months. Access to the sister property, The White House’s terrace to sip evening cocktails. Beautiful Turkish breakfast, which is a locally sourced affair, is served on the balcony, the Courtyard garden or on the White House terrace
- Wifi throughout
Halil and Marion have been running THE WHITE HOUSE for the last 20 years to great acclaim (winner of TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice 2012) and in all that time they have been welcoming gay and lesbian guests from all over the world. They now also own and run the adjacent property, the Courtyard, where they offer the same faultless service and welcome to all their guests. They have managed to achieve that fine balance of nothing being too much trouble without being overbearing. Their style of hospitality is relaxed and informal making your stay here as calm and relaxed as they are…
ReviewsLeave your own
Ken and George : June 2014
Beautifully restored to a high standard boutique style hotel. Very friendly reception by our hosts in this picturesque part of Turkey. Highly recommend and have already booked our return visit.
Dale and Simon: October 2017
We have just returned from the most wonderful holiday stay at the Courtyard Hotel with Halil and Marion. Their gorgeous hotel is a real oasis, and we felt instantly at home. There are so many fantastic things to say about our trip. The staff at the Courtyard are all brilliant, helpful and fun; the breakfasts are delicious; the setting divine; and Marion & Halil were so incredibly helpful, making our stay with them one of our best holidays ever. Kalkan is a real discovery for us! Truly stunning! The natural beauty is never-ending, with crystal clear waters and serene vistas. There are fantastic places to swim and relax by the water during the day, and an endless offering of restaurants serving the most fantastic food with impressively gracious service. If exploration is your thing, there are World Heritage Site ruins to discover nearby, not to mention an incredible golden sandy beach.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.