Stay for a week in July or August and save 10% off your stay if you book before the end of May. Use the code “furtherafield”
Get off the beaten path and enjoy a different kind of Spanish getaway at this tranquil adults-only luxury B&B near Mojacar in Andalucia. Close to mountain ranges and the sea, staying here means immersing yourself in natural beauty at your own pace.
Between the Mediterranean and the mountains of the Sierra Cabrera, the Cortijo El Sarmiento has a wealth of natural beauty surrounding it. If the heated pool isn’t enough for you, Almeria’s coast with its miles of sandy beaches is a 10 minute drive. Visit Europe’s only desert, Desierto de Tabernas (a 50-minute drive with guided jeep packages available), as well as the busy village of Mojacar (5-minute drive), home to some fantastic dining, plus there’s amazing cycling and walking on your doorstep here.
Almeria airport is a 50-minute drive.
- The oversized pool area is a great spot to soak up some vitamin D while enjoying the surrounding landscape
- Yvonne and Carsten are so helpful and warm, it’s hard not to be relaxed from the minute you arrive
- The proximity to the Mediterranean means days at the beach are a breeze
- Heading out on pedal power to enjoy this beautiful region
- The neighbouring vineyards are some of the best in the region and never crowded
- Springing for a garden suite is a good idea. The private terrace and garden you’ll get to enjoy come with beautiful views of the nearby Sierra Maria Los Velez mountains
- Seven rooms, each with a king-sized bed, safe, and ensuites with large showers
- Some suites have private outside space, two of which are easier access
- Great communal spaces in the main house and patios
- Large heated pool available year round
- Spa with sauna, as well as cosmetic treatments and massages available
- Super full breakfast made with seasonal and local ingredients
- Three course dinners available on certain nights a week (advanced booking required)
- Hairdryers and pool towels supplied
- Air conditioning and central heating, plus Wifi
Owners Yvonne and Carsten had dreamt of opening a boutique hotel somewhere sunny for 25 years before they landed on what is now Cortijo El Sarmiento. Following an extensive renovation project, it has been transformed into the relaxed and stylish oasis it is today.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Cortijo El Sarmiento
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Cortijo El Sarmiento