Right in the beating heart of Seville, Corral del Rey is a 17th century casa palacio and additional buildings which have been lovingly restored into a stylish, bohemian and sophisticated small gay friendly boutique hotel. There are several room types, including new pool suites which, like the penthouse, have their own plunge pools. A perfect city escape staying in a stunning hotel, in a great location with lots of things to see, do and eat!
This bijou hotel sits discreetly on the cobbled streets in the old quarter of Barrio Alfalfa hidden behind studded Moorish doors. It is literally minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the cathedral district which is populated with cafés and tapas bars.
Access by car is difficult so they suggest that visitors use the hotel’s private transfer service wherever possible. If you do have a hire car detailed driving instructions are supplied on their website.
There are regular flights to Seville from Stansted and Gatwick – flight time is approximately four hours.
- fantasic personal service
- losing yourself in the atmospheric maze of vibrant Seville – the jaw dropping La Giralda, the royal palace of Alcázar and gardens
- breakfast on the roof terrace with fantastic views across the cathedral dominated skyline
- the relaxed and genuine approach of the two Anglo-Iberian brothers – Anthony and Patrick. All your needs are catered for in a professional but laid back style
- the smart coolness of the place – bohemian and yet luxurious
- the proximity to all the tourist spots and tapas bars. There is no restaurant within the hotel but the wealth of local eateries guarantees you will not be eating the same place twice! All the staff have excellent “insider knowledge” tips about local bars and restaurants
- seven spacious queen size bedrooms situated around a central atrium courtyard plus superior, deluxe, pool and junior suites – all designed by Mrs Reid using her skilled eye for spotting the perfect combination of ancient and modern
- beautiful bespoke bed linen and pillows
- stunning limestone and marble en-suite bathrooms with walk-in rain showers and complimentary bath products
- “in room” state of the art sound and vision system – plasma screen, satellite TV, DVD player, Wifi, iPod docking system preloaded with a first class playlist
- roof terrace provides an escape from city life where you can lounge in the sun and dip into the plunge pool (unless you have your own in one of the suites) – a welcome respite from the city heat. You can also take breakfast up here or sip cocktails watching the sun setting over the rooftops. There’s also a small bar offering tapas in the evenings
- massage and beauty treatments can be arranged on request
- chauffeur driven service to and from the airport
- private label guides – this is a bespoke service for guests offering cultural guided tours individually tailored to your area of interest. The guides are specially selected and are regarded as experts within their fields. This really is an amazing opportunity to learn something different about Seville and its cultural history
Following on from the success of the HACIENDA DE SAN RAFAEL the Reid family have ventured into city boutique hotels. Once again referring to their combined skills in merging rustic charm with contemporary luxury – mum Kuky, from nearby Jerez, has influenced the eclectic interior design. Her husband, Tim, has brought his experience of working at the top end of the hotelier industry. Their two sons are Patrick who was a project manager at the Groucho Club and Anthony organized luxury safaris in Botswana. With this skill set they have created a beautiful luxury city pad, catering for your every need, from which you can discover Seville.
ReviewsLeave your own
Colin and Lynda: July 2019
Thank you for your introduction to The Corral Del Rey. What a lovely place. It is truly a gem and the staff including Susana are so kind and helpful.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Corral del Rey hotel
Seville, Andalucia, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Corral del Rey hotel
Seville, Andalucia, Spain