CHARACTER & CHARM
Curl up in front of the log-burner at this chocolate-box cottage for two to four with oodles of charm. Luxurious fittings, a log-burner and delightful period features combine in a charming cottage you won’t want to leave. A short walk from central Harrogate, it offers a stylish stay from which to explore North Yorkshire.
On a peaceful street in a leafy, affluent neighbourhood in the quintessential Victorian spa town of HARROGATE, the cottage is just a short walk from the centre of town. Besides the beautiful Victorian architecture, there are plenty of boutiques, antiques dealers, art galleries and interesting eateries to explore, such as the iconic BETTY’S TEAROOM. Sink your teeth into one of their delicious cakes and you’ll be smiling too! For further, non-food related happiness, a trip to the award-winning Turkish Baths is a heavenly experience – just feed all your worries evaporate into the steam. Bliss.
Besides Harrogate, Colcote Cottage is also very close to the YORKSHIRE DALES and North Yorkshire Moors. Bring your camera because the scenery is spectacular; waterfalls, caves, wildlife, hills and acres of moorland make fantastic views. The Dales are brilliant for walking enthusiasts, but also cater for people with a passion for horse-riding, fell-running, mountain-biking, caving and watersports.
The breath-taking Nidderdale and Wensleydale are just a short drive away from the property and the owners recommend a day trip to gorgeous Ilkley combined with a visit to Bolton Abbey near Skipton, the Yorkshire estate of the Duke of Devonshire. For a city fix – Leeds is only half an hour away andYork is only a 45 minute drive away. Both cities offer fantastic sightseeing, culture, shopping and restaurants.
If you’re driving from London to Harrogate, the journey will take approximately 4hr 15 mins. By train, it takes around 3 hours.
- the cottage is absolutely immaculate. From the smart kitchen to the luxurious bathroom, it’s beautifully decorated
- it’s picturesque from the outside – very English and quaint looking – but stylish and contemporary on the inside. A great combination!
- the welcome pack. How lovely to arrive to a basket of delicious local treats from fresh coffee and biscuits to a loaf from a local artisan bakery. It’s touches like these that make you love a place
- the location is fantastic. Harrogate is a beautiful town to explore, but there’s also so much else in the area to see. Remember your walking boots because a day walking in the Dales, followed by an evening in front of the log-fire in the cottage, wine in hand is not to be missed
- the nearest pub is only a mile away and the nearest shop is two miles, but there’s a whole host of both pubs and shops within walking distance, so you’ll be spoiled for choice if you wish to go out
- the owners are welcoming and charming and happy to share their insider information on where to go! An added bonus, the owners welcome pets too, so Fido can benefit from a day on the Dales too
- the cottage has two bedrooms including a sunny master bedroom with dressing room and a second bedroom with twin beds
- the large dining room and kitchen area is open plan, featuring a fully-equipped modern kitchen and French doors to open out onto the garden
- a cosy sitting-room contains a wood-burner for cooler nights, an LCD TV/DVD player and Wi-Fi
- the large bathroom, upstairs, features a roll-top bath and a walk-in monsoon shower
- at the rear of the property is a very private lawn with patio, table and chairs
- pets are welcomed at the property
Born out of a love for Yorkshire and a penchant for the finer things in life, Gorgeous Cottages was launched by Christina Brion back in 2011. Originally from Northern Ireland, Christina moved to Yorkshire to read English at Leeds University, and from that moment on was completely smitten with the place. Now featuring approximately 100 of the finest luxury cottages in Yorkshire, Gorgeous Cottages is the definitive choice for finding and booking the very best self-catering accommodation in the region.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Harrogate, Yorkshire Dales, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Harrogate, Yorkshire Dales, England