French hilltop B&B
Perched high above the lush countryside of the Languedoc – Roussillon region in the south of France, this lovely chateau provides a peaceful adults’ only retreat. Luxurious amenities and lovely rooms are all complimented by stunning views. Being so close to the coast, charming towns and picturesque villages there’s an array of things to keep you busy. Of course, lounging by the pool and taking in the gorgeous view is also highly recommended.
The property lies in the heart of the Languedoc – Roussillon, Europe’s largest wine producing region, so oenophiles will love this place!
One of the joys of staying here is that it offers a true escape up in the hills, but the nearby town of Lodeve is only a 10 minute drive away with the renowned Musee de Lodeve offering world class exhibitions due for completion July 2018. For nature lovers, Lake Salagou is a 20 minute drive away, and is perfect for swimming, picnics, and canoeing. Less than a hour away are the famous Roquefort caves as well as the jet set town of Montpellier, great for a day of some splashy shopping or dining.
Fast TGV trains from Paris to Montpellier take 3.5 hours. Arriving by plane, the airports of Montpellier and Beziers are both an hour away by car.
- The rustic grandness of the chateau which still retains its warmth. Beautiful details throughout such as antique chandeliers and marble fireplaces. All of this drama is still light and airy looking
- All the rooms provide beautiful views of the Park Naturel des-Haut-Languedoc below. A sight you won’t soon forget
- The rooms all come with thoughtful touches such as included personal tablets with movie access, all of the rooms have ensuites while some have fireplaces and clawfoot tubs
- The wonderful, private walled garden with its heated pool and breakfast terrace is the ultimate place to unwind. Let a book and a glass of top notch local wine accompany you on one of the sun loungers
- The well equipped kitchen space in the lovely Grange across from the main house is a great space for preparing meals and taking the continental breakfast each morning and there’s an honesty bar too!
- And for nights when you’d like to stay at the chateau dinner can be prepared by prior arrangement
- Hosts Eric and Stephen offer an incredible welcome and make you feel right at home
- Continental breakfast included and dinners available five nights a week on prior request
- Well equipped and spacious shared kitchen space with well stocked wine fridge filled with local specialties
- All rooms feature ensuites, nespresso machines, hair dryers, beach bags, towels, personal tablets and Wifi
- Heated pool (from May to September) with sun loungers and lovely walled garden
- There’s parking (a car does let you explore this region to its full potential) but also free bicycles for guests to explore the area
Eric and Stephen, originally from Luxembourg and Guernsey, got tired of the London rat race and decided to relocate to South France back in 2015 to pursue their dream of opening a boutique B&B. They quickly fell in love with the place and started renovating Chateau d’Olmet over the next 2 years before opening in spring 2017.
ReviewsLeave your own
Graham Hamer: October 2017
What a fantastic place to spend time relaxing by the crystal clear waters of the pool in the warm Summer sunshine. Eric & Stephen are fantastic hosts and have made us feel very welcome in their home. The rooms are beautiful, the garden, terrace and pool area are a fantastic sun trap and the guest areas are very nicely appointed. The surrounding countryside is beautiful. It's so easy to travel to Olmet being less than 10 minutes drive from the motorway. It is definitely well worth a visit if you want somewhere to relax and unwind from the stresses of modern day life. We wish you well as the Chateau becomes the place to stay in the region. We will definitely visit again. Thank you Eric and Stephen for making our stay so pleasurable.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Omlet, Occitanie, South of France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Omlet, Occitanie, South of France