Idyllic Country House escape
If you are in search of a stately yet serene English country experience for your holiday, then welcome to Chapelgarth! This gorgeous Edwardian manor is on the one hand incredibly homely but on the other the ultimate setting for anything from an intimate wedding or special birthday, to a luxurious long weekend away with a bunch of your closest friends. Luxury and tradition coexist at Chapelgarth – time spent here is something you won’t forget.
If you are planning an intimate wedding or celebration, the house could be perfect! With all the natural and architectural beauty at the estate, it is a wonderful setting for your big day and Marcella goes out of her way to ensure that you get what you want for the celebration. A choice of places to hold an official event and the space for dining and partying inside and out is amazing
Chapelgarth is perfectly located to allow you to enjoy the best of the Yorkshire countryside. A 10 minute drive away is the picturesque Yorkshire Moors, but if you fancy staying closer, the estate has its own fields and wood which are perfect for outdoor pursuits such as clay pigeon shooting and archery. Local golf courses are not far either.
The Cleveland Way is a wonderfully scenic walking route to enjoy some light hiking and is a five minute drive away. Due to the estate’s proximity to the coast, easy day trips to quaint seaside villages such as Staithes (45 minute drive) and Whitby (55 minute drive) are also wonderfully easy options.
- incredible mountain views from some bedrooms really lovely
- the atmospheric feel to the estate is enchanting. Located right beside the house is a wood with a stream running through it sometimes frequented by curious llamas reared on the estate ….
- the beautiful and airy kitchen which has every modern convenience. Its generous size is perfect for preparing large meals or chatting around the table
- the lived in, antique-filled feel to the house makes you feel instantly at home. For pet owners, the bonus of having dogs allowed adds to that
- extras such as catered meals, home delivered organic shops, and outdoor hot tub rentals can be arranged (with notice) adding an even greater sense of relaxation
- the house has several communal sitting and dining rooms, all beautifully designed and all incredibly welcoming along with a huge eat in kitchen
- there are three ensuite rooms, plus an additional double and single room with allocated bathrooms, plus three more bedrooms – one of which is a dorm room with four single beds – and a shared bathroom in the attic
- you’ll always be comfortable due to the central heating as well as the fireplaces (logs provided).
- outdoor tennis court as well as a games room with table tennis, football, and piano.
- as well as that amazing kitchen there’s an outdoor BBQ grill
- sunken trampoline for younger (and not so young) members of your group
- the usual towels and linens are provided and there’s Wifi and parking
The Sutcliffe’s purchased the estate in 1964, and it has been in their family for two generations now. Today, Marcella oversees operations and welcomes guests to the property. A love for history propelled her to renovate the home carefully, without altering any of its Edwardian charm. Her attention to detail goes far beyond the house and grounds however, as her excellent hospitality is what keeps guests raving.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
North Yorkshire, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
North Yorkshire, England