A spa to remember
Surrounded by acres and acres of manicured gardens, this historic house houses one of the UK’s premier spa resorts. Turn up, firm up or just chill out, whatever your ideal spa retreat is, head to Champneys Tring.
Just outside of quaint Tring, with coffee shops and independent stores, Champneys Tring is surrounded by wonderful Hertfordshire countryside. When you do leave the gates there is plenty to explore if you’re here for a few days – National Trust gardens and houses, the Natural History Museum – but that is missing the point of the absolute joy of a retreat to this lovely spa.
Easily accessed by train from London and elsewhere it’s also close to road links so getting here is super easy.
- Arriving with the idea of escaping for a couple of days and knowing you’ll leave relaxed and recharged
- The traditional and welcoming rooms, some opening directly on to the gardens
- On check in we were recommended the heated water beds in the relaxation area of the spa. The best nap ever.
- The restaurant offers a good mix of dishes and the option to go off piste with wines and less healthy but equally well prepared meals
- Staying overnight and accessing the spa and pool first thing or last thing when Champneys Tring is a little quieter
- Making use of the extensive schedule of classes and courses throughout the day, every day. Plan your day around your choices or choose to lie by the pool if that’s your preferred ideal retreat
- 91 rooms of various sizes, from suites in the original manor house to standard rooms in the modern wing of the hotel
- Extensive spa facilities including indoor and outdoor whirlpools and Jacuzzi
- Manicure and pedicure salon and Marine and Wellness Spa
- Leisure facilities including 25m indoor pool, gym, tennis courts and bike hire
- Wellness classes and courses including yoga, circuit training and spin
- Great restaurant offering a la carte healthy menus across the day and a coffee shop
- 170 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens with plenty of corners to escape all approached by a sweeping gravel drive entered via grand iron gates
Champneys Tring was established as health spa in 1925 and was the first of the Champneys spas. It has been at the cutting edge of spa development over the years.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.