Boutique hotel in the heart of The Lakes
Cedar Manor is in many ways the definition of a boutique hotel. Up on the hill above Lake Windermere it has just 10 individual and stylish rooms and charming and attentive hosts. Use it as a base to explore The Lake District as well as to relax and recharge in beautiful surroundings.
A short walk from the edge of stunning Lake Windermere, England’s largest lake, and with views across the fells, Cedar Manor is ideally situated to discover both the historic sights on the doorstep and the wider area. The walking routes nearby are incredible and there are great water based activities available, including genteel lake cruises. For a piece of history you can visit Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage or Beatrix Potter’s Hill Farm. Truly there’s an amazing array of ways to spend your time here.
Windermere is deep into the Lake District national park but only just over five hours from London by car – having one will definitely help get the most out of your time here. However, there are trains direct to the town from Manchester and local buses connect you with some other towns in the area.
- As you drive up the hotel has that timeless elegance and style that makes you feel happy you booked before you’re even inside
- The rooms are all individual and Jonathan and Caroline have chosen a bold, modern scheme which also compliments the features of this lovely house
- The food here is great. Breakfast, afternoon teas and bar snacks are all prepared to order and there’s also a nice bar. There are loads of good eateries close by which your hosts can help you choose from for dinner
- The gardens and communal spaces are beautifully looked after and provide a real haven in which to unwind, made even more tranquil by the no under 10s rule
- The coach house suite is a luxury retreat, set away from the main house with more space but access to everything the hotel has to offer
- The outdoor activities in the area are what makes The Lake District such an amazing area. Heading out walking, running, kayaking or just for a drive to take in the scenery is what holidays are for
- The bathrooms are lovely at Cedar Manor. Bright, modern, spacious and superbly equipped
- 10 individually styled bedrooms including three suites
- Two ground floor rooms for fewer stairs
- Some rooms available as twins and some with the option of an extra bed for over 10s
- All rooms have private bathrooms, some with spa baths and walk in showers
- Restaurant serving breakfast, afternoon teas and bar snacks
- Bar with great range of wines available
- Parking on site including charging point for electric vehicles
- Lovely secluded gardens with terrace and majestic Cedar Tree
- Superb concierge style service from your hosts and their team
Caroline and Jonathan have been running Cedar Manor for over 10 years and their hosting style helps define what makes a stay here so special. Welcoming and knowledgeable, they’re focused on ensuring your stay is the best it can be. They’re very much part of the community here and are passionate about the Lake District and ensuring the hotel respects and enhances the environment, including being part of the Green Business Scheme.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Lake District, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Lake District, England