SAVE £100 ON REMAINING SEPTEMBER WEEKS – quote Further Afield when you book.
IDYLLIC TUSCAN HIDEAWAY
This 19th century barn has been converted into a cosy and welcoming cottage surrounded by lavender-filled gardens and the benefit of a private 10m pool – perfect for Tuscan summers. Its historical use as a chesnut drying barn is reflected through the use of beautiful wood throughout the house.
Nestled in a clearing surrounded by 12 acres of its own private woodland, this gay-friendly cottage has beautiful views across rolling Tuscan hills, but has the village of Fragaiolo nearby and is five minutes from Caprese Michelangelo, where the renaissance artist Michelangelo Buonarotti was born.
Anghiari, a stunning stone built hill town is also on the doorstep, where you can wander the narrow streets and picturesque squares crammed with artisan shops and good quality eateries. Alternatively, an easy day trip takes you to the beauties of the Adriatic coast or the ancient city of Perugia.
There are various airports to choose from, the nearest being Perugia which is 55 miles from the house, and there’s a railway station in Arezzo, around 30 miles. From there are quick links to Florence, Pisa, Rome and beyond, but a car is definitely recommended to make the most of Casa Castagno.
- the garden and pool take this cottage to another level… lose yourself in the peace and tranquility of this woodland setting
- there are several vineyards nearby, providing tours and the opportunity to sample and buy quality Italian wines
- you won’t run out of beautiful and interesting towns and cities to visit during your stay, with the house situated in the heart of Tuscany
- the beautifully kitted-out kitchen is perfect for cooking up a storm with local truffles and meats, best eaten al fresco under the poolside pergola
- two bedrooms set across two floors – one double and a twin
- nicely furnished living areas, with traditional terracotta floors and a pellet stove for keeping warm on cooler days
- beautifully landscaped gardens, including a herb garden to add the finishing touches to your Tuscan dishes, all surrounded by natural habitats for plentiful wildlife
- food is central to any stay at Casa Castagno, with that great kitchen and welcome food basket, but Michelle can also arrange for a local chef to come to the cottage and prepare an agreed menu
- Wifi is available throughout the cottage
Keen to be free of the rat race, Michelle and Nick gave up their careers in Banking and Finance to begin a new less stressful and simpler lifestyle in Italy, where they love the slow pace of life, and the friendliness of the Italian people. Their love affair with Casa Castagno is also the subject of books written by Michelle.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.