It’s the English seaside – but not as we know it. These utterly sophisticated cottages for two and four, set in the grounds of a Jacobean manor house, offer designer exclusivity with a relaxing, coastal vibe. Tranquil, private and close to oyster shacks, boutiques and vast beaches, you won’t want to go home.
Don’t just take our word for it – check out their other great reviews here
Situated in the tiny, tranquil hamlet of Sharrington on the north Norfolk coast, just a few miles away from bustling Burnham Market the cottages are ideally located for sun, sea, sand and… shellfish! Half a mile from an award-winning deli, just three miles away from the pretty Georgian market town of Holt and 12 miles from the famous nature reserve and beach of Holkham – you’ll be perfectly placed to delve into all Norfolk has to offer.
Bring your swimmers because the beaches in this area are beautiful; for large expanses of sand, unspoiled and away from the crowds, try Holkham and also Brancaster. There are some lovely walks with great views along marshes or cliff tops, such as those at Weybourne and Overstrand.
To get to the property, it’s an approx 125 mile drive from London. The nearest airport is Norwich and the nearest train station is Sheringham, which is on a line that stops at Norwich.
- All cottages work extremely well for couples and they have special couple rates
- After a day walking, a cosy evening is guaranteed with logs supplied in the cottage for burning in the stove or chill on the private terrace and soak up the views
- Steve and Katie are extremely helpful and charming and make sure that you are happy with everything. They’re also full of local knowledge about sightseeing, gastro pubs, gardens to visit, etc.
- The decoration of the cottages is beautiful; immaculate, stylish and homely with interesting touches like pebbles covering the walls of the walk-in showers and reindeer skins as rugs. And we really like the roll top bath-in-bedroom in Seal and Salt
- There are five cottages – Shell, Sky, Samphire (all 2-beds), and 1-bed Seal and Salt – each with its own personality and design
- Beautiful decor including some four poster beds, cast iron roll top baths, huge walk-in showers, hand-built kitchens and large inglenook fireplaces with log burning stoves (logs included)
- The cottages have central heating, hand-built, fully equipped kitchens with large range cookers and luxury bathrooms
- Each cottage has a private terrace with seating to take in the views
- All cottages offer Freesat HDTV, DAB radio, iPhone docks / bluetooth and free Wifi
- Shared access to washing machine, ironing facilities and extra fridge/freezer space
- There’s wine on arrival and Ren toiletries in the bathrooms.
- No children under 10 are accepted – the cottages are better suited to romantic breaks, small groups of friends or families with older kids. Fido is welcome at Sky or Shell cottages only, at an extra charge
Katie and Steve are ex Londoners with advertising and design backgrounds who fell in love with the area and then moved to save the dying wreck that was Sharrington Hall.
ReviewsLeave your own
Deborah: June 2018
Stayed in Salt, a beautiful little cottage, filled with light and everything you need for a very comfortable stay in a magical part of Norfolk. Friendly owners with lots of excellent local knowledge. Hoping to go back there soon!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Sharrington, Holt, Norfolk, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Sharrington, Holt, Norfolk, England