Country House Retreat in Somerset
With views down to the sea and surrounded by incredible, untouched, Exmoor countryside, full of superb walking routes, this Lutyens style country house B&B offers an escape to a quieter, less hurried time. But with tennis and squash courts onsite and an area full of activity options, this is the best of both worlds. Explore or simply restore.
The house is elegantly positioned, surrounded by eight acres of grounds with views down nearby Porlock Weir, but it’s not isolated. The village of Porlock is nearby with its hub of pubs and restaurants plus there is stunning Exmoor all around with a wonderful range of activities and attractions. Nearer the house there’s also a section of the Southwest coast path which makes an easy circular walk, taking about an hour.
The M5 is close by, making getting here by road easy from across the UK and nearby Bridgwater and Taunton are on major rail lines.
- Guy has truly opened his home to guests and his style is welcoming and discreet as you get to enjoy this wonderful house
- Bossington Hall is surrounded by some of the most stunning countryside and coastal areas in the South West
- We love the cinema room, which seats 10 and makes a haven should the weather be less than kind
- There are good eating options within easy reach, including the historic Ship Inn at nearby Porlock with its traditional seafood menu
- Whilst not all rooms are ensuite, the configuration of rooms allows for families in adjoining rooms to spread out as well as a family suite that will take four
- Breakfast (especially important if gearing up for a day of Exmoor outdoor activities) is plentiful and lovingly prepared
- Six large and elegant B&B rooms, many with wonderful sea views
- Not all rooms are ensuite but each has a private bathroom, so do check when booking
- Lovely communal rooms in keeping with this historic house
- Cinema room (which can be reserved)
- Tennis court and squash courts on site
- Stunning gardens to explore and unwind in
- Electric car charge point
- Danesbrook and Embercombe bedrooms are dog friendly
Guy has owned Bossington Hall since 2016, after many years hankering over it from next door. The house managers have many years of running luxury bed and breakfasts in Scottish Castles. The attention to detail from the ex-aerospace design engineer-come-bed-and-breakfas
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.