A nest of sheer luxury
Once you have stepped through the doors of Blackbird Barn you may find it hard to leave this intimate, luxurious, cocoon for two. The attention to detail is unquestionable and the location simply beautiful. Oh, and the owners make wine too….
Nestled in the small Herefordshire village of Llanwarne, Blackbird Barn is situated along a quiet and private lane a minute’s walk from the ruins of a 13th century church which adds to the romanticism of the location. The village is close to the thriving historic market towns of Ross on Wye and Monmouth and is a good base from which to explore the Black Mountains and Hay on Wye, famed for its book shops. In an area of outstanding natural beauty, Symonds Yat Rock offers stunning views of the meandering River Wye and is only a short drive away.
Recently described in The Guardian as “lovely as the Dordogne” Herefordshire is a gem of county waiting to be discovered. Three hours drive from London and one and half from Birmingham. Closest train stations, Hereford and Newport.
- the contemporary rustic style and attention to detail throughout such as the Faye Toogood “Indigo Storm” crockery, the Moroccan lamp shades that cast a warm glow, the bathroom goodies and the pure white bathrobes and the plethora of reading material including volumes and volumes of Kinfolk and books by Hay Literary Press
- there are also touches of sheer originality such as the mini record player with a selection of 1980’s singles for you to play and the eclectic art works which reflect the barn’s Blackbird naming.
- the complimentary bottle of wine on arrival, with grapes grown in the owner’s own vineyard. There are tasters of Port and Whiskey too!
- the honesty freezer stoked with delicious lunch/evening meals and breakfast croissants – so you really never need to go grocery shopping
- the selection of classic films on DVD and if this is not enough access to Netflix and Apple TV
- the Barn’s proximity to places to visit. In addition to the towns and villages and the local beauty spots we also loved the retail therapy offered by the utterly unique homeware store Baileys which is close by
- open plan fully equipped kitchen and living area with dining table and deep sofa and armchairs
- mezzanine double bedroom with king sized bed nestled below the beautiful oak beamed celilng. A sofa bed is available in the living space for and additional person but essentially this is a place best enjoyed by two
- downstairs bathroom with a deep claw footed bath and separate shower
- fully stocked honesty freezer offering gourmet home cooked meals
- private outside space to relax and eat. BBQ is provided too
- under floor heating and a wood burning stove which comes with a supply of barn dried logs and kindling
Beth and Linda both work in the creative sector, Beth as a lecturer in the Arts and Lynda as the Creative Director for Selfridges, London, reflected in their interior decoration flare. Beth has strong connection to the area having been brought up on a cider farm in Herefordshire. As well as their busy day jobs, and running Blackbird Barn they also manage Furnace Barn Wines a venture started by them both.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Llanwarne, Herefordshire, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Llanwarne, Herefordshire, England