Festival vibe hotel stay
Further Afield is about finding places that are individual, stylish, welcoming and preferably a little bit quirky. Birch is exactly that and is as unique as its eclectic guests. It has hotel staples like restaurants and pool sure, but they’re not standard! There’s also classes, comedy, music and beyond all else a cool and relaxing place to stay close to London.
Birch is in acres of rolling green parkland with masses of hidden corners and nooks to retreat to. There are places to explore nearby, but to us that’s missing the point of a stay at Birch. It’s about exploring, discovering, dancing, chilling, learning and just being at this totally unique place to stay.
Just outside of Cheshunt making it easy to get to by train from London and other hubs. It’s also close to road networks including the M25. If you come by electric car there are charging points available.
- Birch offers a chance to find yourself in a top notch environment. Sample amazing food, dance to great music, experience new things and relish the new people you’ll meet. All before retiring to your minimalist yet welcoming quarters
- The food at Birch really is great. Sample everything from gourmet tasting menus with wine flights through to fire pit barbecues
- There are classes and activities throughout the week, giving the chance to learn new skills and get your brain working
- The varied room styles and sizes means that you can explore the options and find the right one for just you or the group you’re travelling with
- If music is your thing then you’ll love the DJ sets at Birch as well as live music
- An afternoon by the lido is an ideal way to spend a summer afternoon (especially with its bar on hand). If you’re kid free during your stay you might like the child free afternoons
- There are various rates including special ones for weekday stays – making Birch the ideal place to “work from home” whilst you’re not at home
- Rooms come in many shapes and sizes at Birch. Grand rooms in the old house, doubles, singles, bunks and even cabins in the garden. All are simple and stripped back
- Being stripped back also means there are no TVs, instead Birch is about trying to switch off. There are radios and Wifi though
- Some rooms are pet friendly, some in quieter areas, some with air con. Check out the rooms in detail before you book
- Three bars and several restaurants serving gourmet to quality street food
- Gym, lido, spa and yoga
- Pottery, cooking, gardening, foraging and wellness activities and classes
- DJ and live music across the weekend
- There are meeting and events spaces at Birch – perfect if you’re planning a corporate get away
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.