Stylish Herefordshire country estate
This is your chance to return to the Manor Born. Barton Court, an incredibly stylish and highly individual country estate, has room for 27 in the main house with cottages for smaller groups in its grounds. Perfect for a weekend away, a wedding, family get together, a retreat venue or just a retreat to a more civilised world. This is no standard English country house.
Barton Court in Herefordshire is the ideal venue for a wedding, party, retreat or just a good old together. Across the estate there are houses of various sizes which can be taken alongside the main house along with spaces designed for events. The team are as flexible as the accommodation and can create an event as unique as you are.
Barton Court is that rare beast; a beautiful country house with super grounds to enjoy and surrounded by countryside but also within walking distance of the centre of a village – Colwell – with pubs and eateries. Exploring further there’s the Malvern Hills with their superb outdoor activities and scenery, plus medieval Ledbury just down the road with its amazing timber framed Market Hall. But to be honest if you’re here with a group of friends or family you might not end up leaving the grounds.
- The grandeur of the main building doesn’t in any way take away from the welcoming feeling of this beautiful house. It’s designed to be a stylish, relaxed and convivial space
- The idea of an intimate wedding here is rather exciting. Superb event space, plenty of room for guests, stunning grounds and space to let rip at the first dance. Fun
- The décor throughout the buildings is thoughtfully put together, making the most of the original features of the buildings but enhancing them with contemporary design and fixtures
- The Clock Tower makes us happy. Bijou and stylish it’s an ideal escape for two, either as part of a bigger group or as a private sanctuary for a romantic weekend
- The area is beautiful but not overrun with visitors so if you do venture forth you’ll discover lovely old towns with plenty of browsing potential as well as great walks and activities
- The simplicity of the hosting style here. Basically it’s about trying to the make the spaces work best for what you need and James and Linda’s team will be as flexible as possible to meet that
- The houses all form part of the estate and are surrounded by lovingly tended gardens and views across open countryside
- If the estate is hired as a whole the ancillary buildings and cottages can be used for all sorts of other purposes if that suits your requirements better
- The main house has 11 individually designed and spacious bedrooms, 2 of which are ensuite and 2 have dedicated shower rooms
- All bedrooms can be configured as twins if required and there are two on the ground floor for those preferring fewer steps and one of which is accessible
- The main house has huge drawing and dining rooms, furnished in classic country house style – think big windows and antique furniture
- There’s a newly installed kitchen with all the toys
- Sun room overlooking the south facing lawn
The Annexe is attached to one end of the house with 4 bedrooms, a little sitting room, a bathroom and a shower room. It can be taken with the main house or separately
- The Clock Tower is a cute dog friendly cottage rental, perfect for two. It has a small patio for summer days and a wood burner for cooler ones. It can be taken with the main house or separately
- The Loose Box, sleeping 3, is a rustic conversion of loose boxes and a tack room, with evidence of its former use everywhere. There 2 bedrooms and extra sofa beds, a great kitchen and fun communal spaces – it’s compact and intimate but a lovely space
- The Engine Room, sleeping 5, has a spacious bedroom and ensuite complete with show bath
- In the grounds there’s the Fire Station and The Saw Mill which are designated event spaces
- There is fast broadband everywhere and each property has a sound system. The large buildings have larger sound systems
James and Linda spotted the potential of beautiful Barton Court and set about slowly restoring it to provide this stylish and quirky country house rental. They love having people staying and making use of the houses and are always looking at ways to utilise the spaces they have on the estate. Both ex-Londoners, they escaped from the Smoke in the 1990s and spent some time in the Cotswolds. James had been an advertising photographer while Linda had a relocation agency sourcing some of the best London real estate for corporate clients. They owned and ran several large holiday cottages near Cheltenham for over a decade but decided to move to the lesser known and – to them – county of Herefordshire when they found Barton Court.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.