Live out all your rural Italian holiday fantasies at this hidden gem in the Sicilian countryside. A stunning family run farm stay on Sicily, it is surrounded by hectares of sun drenched vineyards and olive groves and oozes calm and tranquillity.
In southern Sicily, the guest house is set apart from neighbours, villages or towns, making for one of the most peaceful stays you’ll ever have. The amazing food on offer means this is not a problem and as you’re in the heart of a region known for its quality vineyards afternoon wine tastings are easy. If the stunning pool isn’t enough, the glittering Mediterranean is a 25 minute drive away and for dining and shopping the traditional Sicilan village of Pedalino is 6 minutes by car.
If arriving by air, the regional Comiso Airport is a 15 minute drive (transfers available), while Catania Airport is a 1 hour, 15 minute drive.
- Wandering around feeling the sun on your face, picking fresh fruit off the branch as you please is certainly a perk of staying on an organic farm
- The organic breakfast is locally sourced and a truly fantastic way to start your day
- Dining by candlelight under a canopy of fig trees at the restaurant here is an experience you’ll want to book
- Many activities, ranging from sailing to horse riding are on offer as well should you want to inject a bit more activity into your time here
- The spacious guest rooms are beautiful and calming. High ceilings, rustic stone walls and traditional Sicilian design elements blend together perfectly – a theme that runs through the cavernous sitting and dining rooms
- The custom designed pool in the Arabic orange garden is ideal for cooling down on a hot day
- Eight suites all ensuite and all with separate sitting rooms or sitting areas
- The Giardino suite is directly accessed from the garden with no steps and has a large bathroom with shower – ideal for those with mobility issues
- Superbly comfortable communal areas plus pool and gardens
- Beautifully rustic Kitchen with wood burning oven
- A delightfully colourful airport shuttle to and from Comiso Airport
- Organic breakfast included
- Refreshing welcome cocktail upon arrival
- Restaurant for guests only
- Various comfortable living areas
- Cooking classes, sailing. wine tastings, and horse riding activities are available
- Bikes are available for hire
- Laundry service is available at additional cost
- Complimentary Wifi
Baglio Occhipinti resort is owned and run by Fausta Occhipinti and her family. Fausta is a Sicilian interior and landscape architect, with the love for the hospitality. The Occhipinti family are passionate about wine, authentic cuisine, local artisanal heritage, gardening and above all loves to share all aspects of its culture with guests at Baglio Occhipinti resort.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.