Historic Amsterdam Canal View Apartment
Overlooking the canal in central Amsterdam, this is authentic city living but with comfort and privacy. Beautifully restored and full of character, it’s the ideal base for a few days in Amsterdam.
Originally built as a warehouse, this beautiful building is just a 10 minute walk from Centraal Station, Amsterdam’s main train station. The sights and sensations of Amsterdam are quite literally on your doorstep as, although tucked away at the top of the building, AD 1700 looks out over one of the canal ways. Museums, restaurants, bars and nightlife are all close by.
Centraal Station is 15 minutes by direct train from Schiphol International Airport and there’s also direct trains via Eurostar from London. If you’re arriving by sea the Amsterdam Passenger Cruise Terminal is close by and there’s also a Metro station close to the apartment. Of course, to live like a local you need to consider hiring a bike, options for which are numerous!
- The light in this apartment. It’s just such a bright airy space
- The view. We’re not sure there are many more beautiful or traditional views of Amsterdam; canal, cyclists, beautiful red brick buildings. Just sitting by the window and taking it all in could easily fill a day
- Head downstairs and everything – and we mean pretty much everything – you’re likely to want or need is with walking distance
- Whilst Amsterdam’s nightlife is infamous, the city’s eateries are amazing too. We tried Moeders and loved it but Marcus and Monique are happy to offer suggestions based on the latest places and there’s a guest manual in the apartment with suggestions for dining, bars, nightlife, tours etc
- Amsterdam’s museums are wonderful and you should plan a few entrances before you go, just so you can beat the sometimes lengthy queues. Have a look at this handy city guide
- The bedroom being at the back means that any street noise is minimised and the sleeping loft means if you need two separate beds for the two of you then you’ve that extra option
- Open plan living space with great sofa space with French windows overlooking the canal
- Bedroom AT THE BACK of the apartment plus an additional bed on a platform above the kitchen – great if you’re two friends travelling together
- Well equipped kitchen – including dishwasher and washing machine+dryer – with island seating
- The apartment has Air Con, Wifi, Netflix and a sound system
- Please note that there are steep and narrow stairs to the Loft, as there are in most of the houses in this historic part of Amsterdam
- This apartment is for up to two adults only
Marcus and Monique base themselves in the loft for part of the year and love its central location. When they’re not in Amsterdam they can be found running the wonderful Galini Breeze on Crete, part of the Further Afield collection.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Amsterdam AD 1700
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Amsterdam AD 1700