An intimate, contemporary and stylish gay owned guest house with a huge personality. An emphasis on exceptional service and innovative design creates a fabulous place to stay near to the centre of Edinburgh with the city on your doorstep.
Paul and John are able to host bespoke house parties ranging from the extravagant to the intimate, all of which can be catered for to reflect your budget and sense of occasion. Read more here.
In the heart of Edinburgh’s Blackett Conservation Area, 94DR is close to many of Edinburgh’s main attractions, including Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace and the New Scottish Parliament, as well as the busy shopping streets of Scotland’s capital city. A five minute walk will take you into the tranquillity of Queen’s Park, Arthur’s Seat and the Salisbury Craggs.
- the sheer exuberant personality of the place, but you don’t need one to enjoy it as we also enjoyed its sense of intimacy and privacy
- the expertly executed interior design of the house which combines traditional features with contemporary furniture and tactile fabrics which draw upon Scotland’s weaving heritage
- John and Paul’s genuine dedication and enjoyment in providing exceptional customer service
- the location – ideal for wandering into Edinburgh’s centre or for using as a base from which to explore the wider area
- the provision of bicycles which allow you to scoot around the city and see parts you would otherwise not enjoy
- each room is styled with luxurious furnishings, wonderfully tactile fabrics and crisp white bed linen. Front-facing rooms have panoramic views over Salisbury Craggs and Arthur’s Seat, while those to the rear enjoy a peaceful outlook over a private walled garden and the Pentland Hills in the distance
- all rooms have stylish en-suite bathrooms, most with walk-in power showers, lavishly supplied with complimentary White Company toiletries and deep white fluffy towels
- flat screen TVs, DVD players (a selection of films is available) and Wifi throughout
- the relaxing communal Club Lounge has a well-stocked honesty bar and comfy sofas
- full gourmet breakfast menu which can include eggs Florentine and blueberry pancakes (the menu changes daily) is served either in the Club Lounge or the bright breakfast room.
- complimentary bicycles available during the warmer spring, summer and autumn months give you a different means by which to explore the city
- a comprehensive concierge service is also available so if you need tickets for the theatre, a transfer to the airport, recommendations for excursions beyond the city or indulgent health and beauty treatments in your room, they are happy to make the arrangements.
94DR is the joint creation of partners Paul Lightfoot and John MacEwan. Together they spent over a year restoring the property and then by drawing upon their professional backgrounds in marketing and hospitality set about creating what has already become one of Edinburgh’s best luxury guest houses.
Both Paul and John have a zest for life and a passion for fun (never daring to take themselves too seriously) which is evident from the atmosphere of the place and their desire to ensure visitors enjoy the very best the city has to offer, starting with 94DR.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.