The guys are offering Further Afield travellers a complimentary bottle of wine or Cava – make sure you mention us when you book
ELEGANT AND INTIMATE
This elegant turn of the century townhouse in lovely Sóller has been sensitively and lovingly restored to its former grandeur. Original features and character have been beautifully preserved and the best in contemporary Spanish design added; think stunning hydraulic floor tiles complimented by locally designed and built furniture.
Perfectly located to explore this often misunderstood island, or providing the essentials for a retreat to recharge.
Recognised as part of Condé Nast Travellers Hot List 2018.
Perfectly situated, the historic town of Sóller sits in a beautiful valley of orange and lemon groves surrounded by the Tramuntana mountains, yet it is only 10 minutes from the sea.
The hotel is three minutes’ walk from the vibrant town square, with its numerous restaurants and bars. You can also reach the picturesque port area of Sóller by tram, a small piece of history which was founded in 1913 to join the inland town and the port area. It meanders through fields and citrus groves leaving you to just enjoy the views.
The entire area is also a UNESCO world heritage site. You can get to the capital, Palma, by catching the historic valley railway that crosses viaducts and winds through pine forests, or it´s just minutes away by car.
Have a look at our blog on Mallorca for some insider tips.
- the combination of traditional Mallorquín architecture with modern design features throughout
- the 8 meter long pool – great for doing a few lengths before breakfast
- the wood burning stove for cooler nights, whist making use of the honesty bar… heaven
- Meraki bath products give an added sense of luxury to the already beautifully appointed bathrooms
- the 300 days of sun a year, and its great location near to Sóller port and Palma
- cosy guest sitting room with wood burning stove for the cooler months and a well-stocked honesty bar to enjoy a drink.
- the garden features an outdoor dining area for alfresco breakfasts, and beyond lies the swimming pool surrounded by beautiful terracing for sunbathing.
- Wifi everywhere, even in the garden
- satellite TV in all rooms
- Nespresso coffee machines and mini bars in each room
- bathrobes and hairdryers
- lovingly prepared three course breakfasts with a daily changing menu
Martin and Pete met whilst working in London in design and finance. Several years later they decided to escape the daily commute and combine their talents and love of old buildings to create a haven for holidaymakers on their favourite island, Mallorca. They purchased the property that is now Hotel 1902 in autumn 2015 and spent 2016 working with local architects to restore and convert the building.
ReviewsLeave your own
Simon and Andrew: October 2017
Just four nights at 1902 Townhouse was enough to totally recharge our flagging minds and bodies. Pete and Martin have done an amazing job on the restoration of this stunning house and every detail has been thought through to create a stylish and very personal place to stay in Soller. Each day the three course delicious home-cooked breakfast was different and luckily we were able walk it off in the breath taking North Mallorcan scenery. Next time we will go for longer but a short break at a place like this will swiftly recharge your batteries.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Sóller, Mallorca, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Sóller, Mallorca, Spain