Photo 1 of 12
|< Previous | Slideshow | Next >|
On a budget
REMEMBER TO MENTION FURTHER AFIELD WHEN BOOKING
Villa de MazametMidi-Pyrenees, SW France
A stunning and sumptuous Art Deco villa with a serene ambience. Perfect for lovers of luxury looking for a relaxed boutique gay friendly guest house base from which to explore this beautiful region at anytime of the year. See for yourself!
New for 2015 is their luxury new hideaway ideal for two people.
Trip Advisor's Traveller's Choice Award winner: 2011-2015
Take advantage of a 15% discount off the standard tariff and enjoy a complimentary upgrade (subject to availability). Quote Further Afield
South West France. A grand 1930’s house within a landscaped walled garden in a quiet residential area of the town of Mazamet with views of the Montagne Noire mountain range.
A short stroll to the centre of Mazamet - a small town with three markets each week, beautifully tendered parks and a good variety of shops & restaurants. 45 minutes drive to the historic cities of Carcassonne and Albi, and 15 minutes by car, train or bus to the must see town of Castres.
Nearest airport at Carcassonne with flights from across the UK, Ireland & Belgium. Trains from Toulouse connect with the TGV service to Paris & London.
About The Owners
Peter and Mark are well travelled and through good and bad experiences know what a first class boutique guest house experience should look and feel like.
They fell for Villa Mazamet in 2005 after searching many places in Europe for their perfect project but were eventually seduced by the natural beauty of the Midi-Pyrenees and its proximity to so much to do and see.
Prior to Villa de Mazamet, Mark worked in the hotel sector for 15 years as a general manager and Peter has a business development background. They bring a quiet professionalism to all that they do and are very relaxed, calm and approachable. You can read more about them on our blog - day in the life of a English owned guest house in France.
• The calmness of the house and its beautiful interior – very soothing and relaxing.
• The creative restoration which has helped to let the light into the corners of these stunning rooms with their amazing original Art Deco features.
• The care and attention to detail of the owners in terms of the house and its guests. Peter and Mark are very friendly, likeable and helpful.
• It is a great base for exploring this wonderful region including medieval market towns and historic sites.
• The contrast with the Mediterranean landscape. At 300m above sea level there are lush meadows, forests and mountains to explore.
• Walking in the Languedoc National Park and cycling along parts of the 85 km cycle route.
• Peter, the wonderful chef, supports producers of local food and wine to create fabulous regional meals.
The Luxury Hideaway - a new addition to their portfolio. We love this luxury self catering lodge which is ideal for those who wish to have a little more privacy and time to themselves. Surrounded by private gardens and woodland its a perfect haven in which to escape from it all!
• Boutique guest house. Five beautifully appointed and stylish bedrooms with original parquet flooring, marble fireplaces and fabulous furnishings. Light, spacious and decorated in calm earthy hues with views of the mountains. Deep king size mattresses and fine linens. Choose from Classic, Superior Balcony (with direct views to the mountains), Superior twin and Deluxe with roll-top bath, separate walk in shower and twin sinks.
• Large luxurious en-suite bathrooms with a range of bath and shower options. Fluffy white towels, bathrobes and L’Occitane en Provence bathroom products.
• Flat screen TV, DVD player, iPod docking station and free Wifi in all rooms. DVD library.
• A light and spacious restaurant where a buffet breakfast and delicious four course dinners are served. Breakfast includes freshly baked bread and pastries, Nepresso coffee and much more. Dinner is a set menu which changes daily featuring locally sourced and produced ingredients from Mazamet’s markets
• Snacks and picnic hampers can also be provided.
• Two comfy guest salons, one with TV, one ideal for a quiet read or aperitif prior to dinner.
• A private landscaped walled garden with swimming pool, terrace and ample seating.
• A basement spa with steam room, jacuzzi, sauna and wet room with drench shower – massage treatments available four afternoons each week.
The Luxury Hideaway - in readiness for 2015 this is a new venture for Mark and Peter. The cottage maintains the style and quality of the Villa but gives two guests the chance to enjoy a little more privacy and time to themselves.
Matt Richardson : October 2015 : My partner and I spent two nights here and it was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. The villa is fantastic and the attention to detail impressive - all made even better by the warm welcome and service provided by Peter and Mark. We have already recommended the Villa to many of our friends and hope to return in the near future.
Review by Angela Reid and partner Sara: August 2014
My partner and I have just returned from a 12 night stay at La Villa, our fourth in five years which probably tells you all you need to know. It is without doubt the most beautiful, welcoming, stylish and relaxing hotel we have ever experienced. It was the first place we travelled to as a couple, and Peter and Mark were exceptional hosts who have become good friends. This year, they helped me propose. It was the most special place I could imagine to do it and they made it perfect for us. From the impeccable decor to the delicious food and wine, and Peter and Mark. Its simply perfect.
Review by Angela Marquis and her partner, Sara: August 2012
My partner and I have just returned from our third visit to La Villa in three years - and that should tell you enough. It is the most impeccably beautiful place, with rooms so comfortable and beautifully furnished, you will never want to leave them. Peter and Mark have built such a wonderful and special 'home'. The warmth of their welcome, the depth of their knowledge about the area, and the excellence of Peters food means you will want for nothing during your stay. If you can tear yourself away from the pool, try one of their fabulous day driving tours, have a massage, a glass of local wine and sink into the bliss of dinner by the pool watching the colours of the mountains change as the sun sets. My only tip - don’t book just two or three nights, it won't be nearly long enough..... We stayed for seven and found it nearly impossible to leave.
My partner and I spent 8 blissful nights at the Villa in August, after discovering them through Further Afield. Peter and Mark have built a tremendously special place. Impeccably stylish and with an amazing eye for detail, they have created a place that is at once elegant and glamorous but also calm, relaxed and offering every comfort.
Wonderful (wonderful!) food and wine flows freely, and it takes little time to relax into the feeling that the Villa is your perfect home away from home. We loved the informality, the quiet attention to detail that makes the Villa feel very private, like a secret you are sharing with just a few other friends.
Peter and Mark are the perfect hosts, whether you wish to pass only a few words over breakfast or spend far longer discussing food, wine, travel and decorating! We discovered so many places off the beaten track thanks to their advice.
Take yourselves, take a good book; have a very fine massage in their treatment room and let the scent of orange blossom glide with you to dinner…. Perfect.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.